Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Working on an XM solution - Anyone wanna help test it

Default Re: Working on an XM solution - Anyone wanna help test it

I think we are nearing completion stages......I hope someone is using this...not a whole bunch of responses.

I have a toggle switch for IE8 and IE9....if you are on IE7 you suck and need to upgrade unless IE7 works then I guess we are good.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZST4L0LX

Testing the latest version on my Win 7 machine with IE 8

Question; the final message says "Sending keystroke to IE in 1 hour. Would you like to exit the timer?."

I am guessing this is the keystroke to keep the timeout from happening? Is 1 hour too long of a time to wait for the keystroke to occur?

If I press OK does the keystroke not happen?

that was the solution I came up with was to pop up a message box that says if you hit OK you exit out...otherwise you can't exit out of the timer without ending the task...the solution....don't hit OK....The timer is set to 1 hour because I thought the time out was 90 minutes.

FYI. Last night I was able to get a 4 hour recording, without any obvious issues. Thanks for all your hard work on this!

Hmmm, so today's recording attempt had a different result. When I got home the xmplayer was still running and putting out sound. But the file created by Replay AV was only 2 minutes 40 seconds long, even though the Replay AV log reported that it recorded for 4 hours and 1 minute. So this would seem to be an issue with Replay AV and not the new script.

Is anyone else here making recordings? and what kind of results are you seeing?

Another recording test last night with 2 different results.

2 machines both running Win7:
    Machine #1 with IE 8 yielded a 1 hour 28 minutes recording, out of a scheduled 4 hours.
    Machine #2 with IE 9 yielded a 4 hour recording, out of a scheduled 4 hours.

At the outset it seems IE 9 option is a little more stable.

Today's (8/18) recording test;

Machine #1 with IE 8 yielded a 13 minute 13 second recording, out of a scheduled 4 hours.
    Machine #2 with IE 9 yielded a 13 minute 13 second recording, out of a scheduled 4 hours.

Same result on both machines which seems strange.

Machines are in different rooms, machine 1 is a laptop. Machine 2 is a desktop. They are recording at the same time, on the same channel, using the same XM account.
    Machine 1 was still playing the online player and running the script when I checked it after the 4 hour mark.
    Machine 2 was no longer running the script or XM player after the 4 hour mark.

Updated RAV to 8.83 and reentered by license code.

Overnight recording test on 8/19;
    Machine #1 with IE 8 yielded a 45 minute 0 second recording, out of a scheduled 4 hours.
    Machine #2 with IE 9 was not scheduled to record.

Today's daytime (8/19) recording test;

Machine #1 with IE 8 yielded a 13 minute 11 second recording, out of a scheduled 4 hours. Online player was still running when i checked it after the 4 hour mark.
    Machine #2 with IE 9 yielded a 4 hour recording, out of a scheduled 4 hours.

I believe I am getting more consistent results out of the machine with IE 9 installed.
    I did notice on machine #1, the display was set to power off after several hours, which roughly coincided with the time that the recordings were ending. I disabled that option on the display. The two should not be related, but you never know.

Ok - D/L new version. ID/PW problem is fixed (running IE9). Timer seems to work to start. Haven't tested any type of duration yet.

I have it set to record Jay Thomas today at 2p Central for 3 hours. I'll post results later (maybe tonight).

Recorded JT on Stars Too yesterday. Worked like a champ. Going for second time later today.

One thing (not related to this): the volume on the player is low by default. Any idea how to make the default volume higher? I tried setting it higher then opening and closing the browser. I also tried setting the system volume higher when the player opened. Neither worked.

Oh, Kurto2010 - you're my hero.