Thread: Recording Skype call AND my Screen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Recording Skype call AND my Screen

I have both Replay Video Capture and Skype Call recorder--we use Skype to conduct a daily walk-through of live stock charts---but I can not hear my own side of the phone conversation in Replay Video capture...

What I am doing is connecting the skype call on PC "A" and routing the sound from it into PC "B"--where Replay Video capture is running and capturing the live stock charts--

Does anyone know how I can simply record both sides of the call ON the Video capture (not in a separate audio file such as Skype Recorder)...?

Skype's desktop share is not fast enough to capture/show high quality live stock charts-so this option is not a viable one...

Default Re: Recording Skype call AND my Screen

We have Replay Telecorder which is our great Skype recorder. If you haven't given it a try please do so.

Replay Telecorder can put audio and video into the same file without any problem. Just don't use the last option in the Video recording settings:

Read the Replay Telecorder User Guide for more.

p.s. Replay Video Capture 5 can record from 2 audio sources. Haven't tested it with Skype, but it should probably work.

To be clear-the 'video' I want to record is not the skype video-but the screen on my desktop with live stock charts---so Skype Telecorder doesn't record my desktop, right? I know I can share my desktop via skype--but it sees too low res and too slow to refresh to work with live data on stock charts...

Can you verify that RVC version 5 will record both sides of Skype calls as audio #2? This would resolve my issue if in fact this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by jim-boulder View Post
    To be clear-the 'video' I want to record is not the skype video-but the screen on my desktop with live stock charts---so Skype Telecorder doesn't record my desktop, right? I know I can share my desktop via skype--but it sees too low res and too slow to refresh to work with live data on stock charts...

Can you verify that RVC version 5 will record both sides of Skype calls as audio #2? This would resolve my issue if in fact this is true.
    RVC 5 is your answer :-)

IT can record both the audio from your mic, AND your sound card AND the action on your screen
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Thanks buddies for this information i was trying to get these recorders. Now it is easy for me. Thanks a lot

Yea! RVC 5 IS the answer! Works Great. thanks.