Thread: Audio and video out of sync

Default Audio and video out of sync

Hi,

I just upgraded my software to the latest versions, but in spite of experimenting with various settings with the Replay Video Capture, the recordings still invariably have out of sync audio.
    I am running a quad core, 8 Gb, Windows 7 laptop, so I doubt that speed is the issue.

I need to record a friend's live broadcast tomorrow and I would hate for the recording to be out of sync.

Any suggestions where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Audio and video out of sync

Please see if recording with a small screen helps. Also, use MPEG 2 for the video.

What audio settings do you use? Do you have a stereo mix? Or do you use the Universal Audio Driver?

What player do you record from (Flash Player, Windows Media Player, Silverlight,...)?

Thanks for the replies.
    I am using 6000 Kbps, 25 fps MPEG2 and 192 Kbps.

I am not sure about the stereo mix versus Universal Audio Driver. I believe the former.

I just tested by recording an hour and a half. The sync issue worsens over time and is very evident by the end of the test recording.

I believe the source is Flash. I intend to record BlogTV - a friend's show.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I am using 6000 Kbps, 25 fps MPEG2 and 192 Kbps.
    Go to the Settings and click the Audio Setup/Test button. Then see what audio recording sources are available for you. Do you see the Stereo Mix / Wave Out Mix / What U Hear or anything similar?

I am not sure about the stereo mix versus Universal Audio Driver. I believe the former.
    I just tested by recording an hour and a half. The sync issue worsens over time and is very evident by the end of the test recording.
    When recording open Windows Task Manager and see the CPU usage on the Performance tab.

Some tips from the developer of Replay Video Capture
    When a dual core computer is used there shouldn't be any sync issues unless the computer has all audio recording options disabled and one has to use the Universal Audio Driver.

If you have audio/video sync issues, please specify what audio option you're using for recording and what is the computer configuration (single core, dual core, CPU speed). Sync issues can occur if the computer doesn't have enough CPU power to play full screen windows with a CPU loading less than 70%.

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and see what applications use your CPU the most. You can try to disable "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" if you don't use it, because it can use lots of system resources.

Replay Video Capture provides 3 options for recording audio:
    • On Windows 7 and Vista the audio loopback is automatically setup. It fails (no audio is recorded) if the computer audio is set on surround sound and/or sample rates higher than 48000 Hz in the Playback Devices or the audio recording is disabled in the Recording Devices dialog. No sync issues.
    • On Windows XP with Stereo Mix the audio loopback is manually set in Replay Video Capture Audio Setup dialog or using the computer audio settings. It fails (no audio recorded) same as above. Possible sync issues on single core computers, or when full screen Flash or Silverlight videos are recorded (the video player loads up the CPU over 70%).
    • On Windows XP with no Stereo Mix the audio loopback is set using the Universal Audio Driver. Sync issues are likely to occur.

If you use Universal Audio Driver :
    The Universal Audio Driver should be used on XP computers if your sound card does not allow recording. Some of the XP computers purchased in 2007 and thereafter do not provide audio recording options.

Before enabling this option close the browser or any media players. Open Replay Video Capture first, then open your browser or media player.

Universal Audio Driver has limited use and may require some manual tweaking when capturing the computer screen.

The audio and video cannot always be synchronized if the video is interrupted by commercials, buffering or other events that may cause the audio stream to stop. If these situations can be detected Replay Video Capture will Pause recording. You should manually restart the recorder. To eliminate some of the audio interruptions disable the Windows sounds. Click "Disable Windows Sounds" and select "No Sounds" in the Sounds scheme.

In some cases, a user specified delay should be inserted in the audio stream before recording begins. Usually the delay should be set between 500 and 5000 milliseconds.

I believe the source is Flash. I intend to record BlogTV - a friend's show.
    BlogTV.com uses RTMP streams. You can download or capture them using Replay Media Catcher.