Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem converting video with 2 audio tracks

Default Problem converting video with 2 audio tracks

I just used RVC to record a webex coaching session. I then used Replay Converter to convert the 1 Gb mpeg file to a much smaller avi file, but the problem is when I play the new avi file, the other person's voice comes in very softly, while my voice comes in loud and clear. At first I thought the other audio stream was lost because I could barely hear him. I don't know what caused this.

There was no problem with the original mpeg recording of the session. I could hear the other person's voice very clearly.

Default Re: Audio stream problem when converting mpeg to avi

A suggestion is to install a codec pack such as k-lite and see if that makes a difference. Also, see what happens when you convert it to a different format or adjust the bitrate and make it higher.

I installed the K-lite codec pack and that didn't help. Converting to wmv format didn't help either, same problem. I'm happy that at least the original mpeg file came out ok.

Can you upload a small part of the video to take a look?

I just uploaded it to google, it said there was an error, try again later, video is not yet processed:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9p...thkey=CNrJ5vAJ

update: the video is working now
    Last edited by Ed_N; 06-23-2011 at 06:25 PM.

I've downloaded a WMV file from Google. Did you record into WMV or MPEG?

I wanted to extract the audio track and take a look onto it in Audacity, but it doesn't support WMA audio.

Can you upload the MPEG file onto Mediafire or any similar service?

Default Re: Problem converting video with 2 audio tracks

The original recording was a MPEG file, but there was no problem with the streams in that file, the volume came out okay for both. I only got problems after I used Replay Converter to convert it to a WMV file.

I just compressed the original file using winrar and uploaded it. Gmail rejected the original file because it was too large in uncompressed form. Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B9p...thkey=CLKwjZoO
    Last edited by Ed_N; 06-24-2011 at 03:33 PM.

The MPEG file has 2 audio tracks. Having 2 audio tracks is great, because you can normalize levels and make other manipulations individually. But I'm afraid I don't have an easy solution for converting such files.

It is possible to extract 2 audio tracks using say freeware StaxRip. Then 2 audio tracks can imported to Audacity, and then exported as one audio track.
    now. Then you can use this track in Replay Converter when converting.

Will ask the developer of Replay Converter for an easier solution.

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    The MPEG file has 2 audio tracks. Having 2 audio tracks is great, because you can normalize levels and make other manipulations individually. But I'm afraid I don't have an easy solution for converting such files.

It is possible to extract 2 audio tracks using say freeware StaxRip. Then 2 audio tracks can imported to Audacity, and then exported as one audio track.
    now. Then you can use this track in Replay Converter when converting.

Will ask the developer of Replay Converter for an easier solution.

When I was trying to split a smaller piece off the larger file, I used Virtualdubmod at one point. The thing is, it only let me load one audio stream when I was going to open the file. I actually opened the audio stream that I couldn't hear. I didn't know what to do with it and then I thought about compressing it to upload which is what I did.

Thanks for the tip about Staxrip. I will check it out. If I can't convert it, that's okay because I still do have quite a bit of free hard drive space.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_N View Post
    When I was trying to split a smaller piece off the larger file, I used Virtualdubmod at one point. The thing is, it only let me load one audio stream when I was going to open the file. I actually opened the audio stream that I couldn't hear. I didn't know what to do with it and then I thought about compressing it to upload which is what I did.
    I tried VirtualDubMod as well. And it offered me to choose an audio track upon opening your MPEG file. But if you extract one track, you can add it as a second one when converting with VirtualDubMod. The problem is that many players will allow to play one track at a time only.

Thanks for the tip about Staxrip. I will check it out.
    When you open a file, Staxrip demuxes all audio and video tracks from it, so it might be useful here. And you can even convert your video with it. The video can have 2 audio tracks.

But I would import both audio tracks into freeware Audacity and then export them. This allows to merge 2 audio tracks into one track. Then you can use Staxrip for converting video.

If I can't convert it, that's okay because I still do have quite a bit of free hard drive space.
    It is possible to convert. It is just not very easy, since most converter just leave one audio track when converting.