Thread: Win 7 sleep and hibernate on Dell laptop

Unhappy Win 7 sleep and hibernate on Dell laptop

I've installed Replay Media Capture on Dell Studio 1737 laptop, Windows SP1.

After install the laptop will no longer sleep or hibernate and has to be forcibly shut down which gives windows errors on re-start.The install of Windows is quite fresh as it was re-installed to try to fix this problem.

The issue is quite repeatable as uninstalling RMC returns the system to correct operation. A re-install of RMC causes the problem to return. Sadly it looks as though I can't have RMC on this particular machine unless this an isssue for which there is a known fix ? I'm guessing this is some sort of driver conflict.

Default Re: Win 7 sleep and hibernate on Dell laptop

I've had the same issue. I found that by disabling the Applian device driver my computer would successfully go into standby or hibernate, and by enabling it the computer would fail (basically, power, wireless activity, and battery lights remain on, screen is off, and keyboard/mouse are completely unresponsive, but computer never completely shuts down or goes into standby).

Evidently, there are similar issues posted on the Skype forums about Applian drivers preventing hibernate. In my case, the Applian drivers prevent hibernate whether or not Skype is running: https://jira.skype.com/browse/SCW-27...s:all-tabpanel

Using the procedure posted somewhere on the skype forums (uncheck "Jaksta" from the properties list of every network adapter), I managed to get hibernate to function again. While doing this, I also tried leaving Jaksta checked on only my main wireless adapter. This allowed hibernation and sleep to happen again. My guess is that Jaksta is incompatible with one of my other network adapters installed (most of these are disabled or unplugged). This includes a Broadcom wired networking card, EasyTether (for tethering with an Android phone), Microsoft virtual wifi miniport (no idea), and Cisco VPN adapters (for VPN).

Luckily, this means that in most cases where this is an issue, a user can still run Jaksta while not having sleep/hibernate issues if they disable Jaksta on their unused network adapters.

Sorry, I take that back. While Skype's running, the system does indeed fail to hibernate (or sleep) even if only my main network adapter has Jaksta enabled.

Same problem here. Just purchased RMC and now BSOD blue screen whenever the PC tries to sleep (Windows 7 x64). I reinstalled Windows before I knew what the problem was (I wanted to get rid of Acronis). Unfortunately, I installed three pieces of software within a day or two that all loaded drivers so I didn't have a good backout. My system is usually pretty stable but I finally broke down and got some software I'd been looking at for awhile.

I've disabled "Applian Network Driver" on my NIC and all is well now. This has been reported for awhile so I'm not hopeful for a fix. I've opened a support incident. I won't uninstall until I hear back from support, but since I just purchased I won't wait too long to make a decision to return it.