Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A possible Sirius/XM recording solution using a mouse/keyboard macro recording utility

Default Re: A possible Sirius/XM recording solution using a mouse/keyboard macro recording utility

Quote Originally Posted by edadks View Post
    There's a note on their support page saying that the web player is only supporting xm accounts. I'm pretty sure that I was also using this with my sirius online account before the latest problem, but it probably got caught in the changeover.
    Yes, I concur. I went poking around in MusicDock's FAQ. But thank you. I didn't know about MusicDock or their Windows Mobile streams and now I do. It was worth a try. Thanks.

Default Re: A possible Sirius/XM recording solution using a mouse/keyboard macro recording utility

Well, musicdock seems to be working again
    I seem to be having issues with it (the mobile.musicdock.com on-line player, I mean). I can log-in with a set of XM credentials (I'm testing with an XM demo account before I trust it with "real" credentials), see the channels, but any channel I try to play comes up with the consistant error, "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the associated Windows media metafile playlist is not valid," pretty much the same error I get using XM Tuner or SiriusXMStreamer. Also, the channel numbers in the URI don't seem to match the "real" channel numbers (like, http://mobile.musicdock.com/mobile/GetStream_XM.asx?c=102&Key=DXQQWMWKDW41726751HQGLU KIGND for channel 20, E Street Radio).

Probably something I'm doing wrong (I have some pretty heavy firewalls on and off this computer), but I wondered if anyone had seen and maybe had a fix for this?

What channel are you trying to tune it, I'll see if it works over here.

What channel are you trying to tune it, I'll see if it works over here.
    I've tried a bunch; 121 is the one I really want, but I tried 60, 805, 20, 70, 53, and one from each other group in the "Show All Channels" list.

I can see what's playing on each channel, though. Yippee. ;)

It might be because of the account changes they list on their support page, but I doubt it, since they are suggesting people grab a free trial while they are working on the problem.

(For giggles, I'll send you the credentials for the demo account via PM.)

I have no problem receiving XM121 on musicdock with my xm account.

I was unable to log in using your info, it said that an account with that email already exists. I wasn't signing up, so perhaps you are already connected?

Also, I seem to remember some issue of user name vs email address, not sure if that could be having an effect. I have a user name for logging in to the online feed.

I was unable to log in using your info, it said that an account with that email already exists. I wasn't signing up, so perhaps you are already connected?
    I logged-in earlier, but closed the tab. I reopened it (Firefox, Session Manager) and I'm still apparently logged in. Can't find a log-OUT on the MusicDock web player. I tried logging in to the flash player to see if that would break it.

I thought there used to be a logout, but I don't see it anymore. I think you'll get logged out eventually - the same thing that keeps the timeout at bay probably keeps you logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieSummers View Post
    Edit: Wow...the web stream this morning is terrible...pops, cracks, clicks, and all kinds of noise. Remind me again why we're paying up to $13/month for this garbage when Slacker or Pandora have better sound for free?
    The only reason I EVEN care about SiriusXM is for the talk radio. If I could find transcripts of any of the shows I listen to (primarily POTUS), I would drop S/XM in a heartbeat and go back to reading (which I would prefer). Unfortunately, that's not possible, and no-one out there cares enough to p***** talk radio, lol. I wish those shows would just run their own internet studios an license with S/XM, instead of being owned by them. Thankfully, talk-radio is much more forgiving to the terrible audio quality on S/XM internet radio.

To the OP.

What you want for doing macros is this: Auto-It.

The best way to use it in this case, is to:
    1. Download a free Virtual Machine software, like VirtualBox.
    2. Install a lightweight WindowsXP (less space required) or Win7 (technically the better/more stable kernal) into Virtual Machine.
    3. Install Auto-It into the VM.
    4. Install Chrome (Firefox on Windows has an awful memory leak "feature").
    5. Keep Chrome in the same position each and everytime and tune it to the webpage (you can use Auto-It for this).
    6. Program Auto-It to do what you want (login, tune, move around, etc...)
    7. Setup a shared folder between the VM and your machine to place recording into.
    8. Install A/V recorder & configure.
    9. Save the state of the VM.
    10. Enjoy . . .

This process makes a few assumptions:
    1. That you have a machine capable of running a VM without bogging down (you only need 512MB of RAM and a few GB of space if using WinXP).
    2. That you know how to do all of the above.
    3. That you are still willing to pay for crappy service.

Personally, I think I might just get a portable device, and line-in to get what I want. You know, just to spite S/XM, I might even program up an Arduino micro-controller to control the portable player from my PC. Suck it S/XM!

I found something (maybe it was from this thread). It's called SiriusKA (keep alive). google it. It's pretty simple. logon to the siriusXM player. run siriusKA and follow the instructions to click somewhere on the player. Program ReplayAV to record from your sound card and it should work. I'll try testing it.

right now I'm using an actual sirius radio plugged into a pc sound card to record. Both solutions are a kludge compared to what we had before.