Thread: RMC with livesports.tv

Default RMC with livesports.tv

I have been using RMC for a few years and have always recording live dart events from www.pdc.tv I tried recording with RMC 4 after i purchased the upgrade and could never get the settings right so i just continued to use and older version of RMC. LAst month the company changed to livesports.tv to stream their events. I can no longer get my old version to pick up the stream whether its firefox,chrome,etc. RMC 4 does pick the stream up as a secure stream and allows me to record only(this is fine) It records the stream but then I can never play back more than just a few seconds of the recording. It is a secure stream and I am willing to give a mod my login info just so they can tell me what settings i must have. These streams that i record are turned into tutorials for people that i teach. Thanks in advance.

The actual stream is played here www.livepdc.tv

Default Re: RMC with livesports.tv

Since you record a live stream, try the following:
    http://www.applian.com/faq-pro/index...highlight=live

Do you get any error when recording? What kind of file size do your recordings from this site have?

Well I have been experimenting with all the time stamps. The audio plays fine off the orignal recording but after about 10 seconds the video got blank. Can still hear the audio.

I used to have no problem recording using the old RMC but that errors out when i try and record from any window(opera,explore etc.)

A 4 hour recording is genrally 1.60 GB

Can be a player problem. Try to use Applian FLV Player and KMPlayer.

You may also try to remux downloaded/captured FLV videos into MKV. Use "MKV Lossless Extraction" conversion preset in RMC 4 for that.

If you don't use the latest version, then install the latest one.

If the above mentioned doesn't help, I suggest you to contact technical support

WIth my old RMC i get this error

Internal error while trying to download RTMP stream
    Exception:
    m_nErrType = 15
    m_strDesc = "SWF Verification detected -- Sorry, these RTMP connections are not allowed to be analyzed."
    m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp

Is there a plug in or setting that can be changed to record only in this old version? I know that RMC 4 wont download a secure stream but it will record it.

Thanks

You can use the recording mode of RMC 4 with streams using SWF verificaction indeed. And you can try to use rtmpdump as a plug-in for RMC 4:

Make sure to use
    Code:
    parameters: -r "{url}" -o "{file}"  --app "{app}" --flashVer "{flashVer}" --swfUrl "{swfUrl}" --tcUrl "{tcUrl}" --pageUrl "{pageUrl}" --playpath "{playPath}" --live
    instead of
    Code:
    parameters: -r "{url}" -o "{file}"  --app "{app}" --flashVer "{flashVer}" --swfUrl "{swfUrl}" --tcUrl "{tcUrl}" --pageUrl "{pageUrl}" --playpath "{playPath}"
    for live streams.

OK i have another live stream coming up at 2:00 eastern..ill give it a try