Thread: my work around for the invisible toolbar - The Freerecorder FLV service is not running - and the side by side service is incorrect

Default my work around for the invisible toolbar - The Freerecorder FLV service is not running - and the side by side service is incorrect

Tried to PM this to Debbie but it said to shorten the text so here you go

Finally i have my work around for the invisible toolbar - The Freerecorder FLV service is not running - and the side by side service is incorrect.
    After much aggravation i discovered the problem was the older Microsoft C++ (2005) version. I then downloaded and installed the Microsoft C++ 2008 version and the Microsoft C++ 2008 with service pack 1 update.
    Then i uninstalled the older C++(2005) version
    Then I uninstalled freerecorder with revo advanced mode
    then deleted all registry entries with revo
    then remove associated temp. files with revo
    then deleted the remaining freerecorder file folder left by revo in programs folder including conduit folder.
    restart computer with no freerecorder or Firefox I left IE7 alone
    (With the Firefox I had to delete and reinstall the browser because revo uninstall would not remove the old not working recorder tool bar)
    I then reinstalled Firefox then freerecorder set to install on both IE7 and Firefox.
    After first attempt freerecorder history was working on IE7 with no FLV service not running!
    on Firefox i had to let the blank browser page run until it brought up the add on screen. Then install add on. After add on i still had the invisible toolbar i then closed Firefox without deleting anything and simply reinstalled freerecorder over top of itself with just Firefox selected not IE7.
    Took two overlapping installs with Firefox after the clean install with both Firefox and IE7.
    But now have tested and both are fine.
    DC

Default Re: my work around for the invisible toolbar - The Freerecorder FLV service is not running - and the side by side service is incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by dcmeck View Post
    After much aggravation i discovered the problem was the older Microsoft C++ (2005) version. I then downloaded and installed the Microsoft C++ 2008 version and the Microsoft C++ 2008 with service pack 1 update.
    Did you install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2008 installed)?

Default Re: my work around for the invisible toolbar - The Freerecorder FLV service is not running - and the side by side service is incorrect

Yes it had vista default 2005 C++

Good Morning! I have been trying to delete freerecorder 4 for about a year because I don't need it anymore but my computer won't let me delete it. Can you help me?