Thread: It's a trimmer not a splitter like MP3 Magic!

Default It's a trimmer not a splitter like MP3 Magic!

Hi,

I thought I could use this to split an audio file containing many songs into separate files (like MP3 Magic with a nicer interface) but alas, not!

I would like to suggest whole heartely that Applian concider this option - please.

Also, go faster arrows would be a great addition to the go to start/end buttons.

Ron

Default Re: It's a trimmer not a splitter!

I agree - MP3 Magic is a much better tool for trimming and splitting audio files, because it allows far greater accuracy when manually selecting the trim/split breakpoints, has an audio check facility (i.e. playback of the 3 seconds before/after the proposed breakpoint), and lets one skim back and forth across the track at will. It also allows the user to split the track into equal-time or equal-frame segments of any length. The Media Splitter is, in fact, a video trimmer/editor, so I do hope Applian will continue supporting (and possibly developing) MP3 Magic alongside. Either that, or incorporate the superior audio file editing functions of MP3 Magic into the next edition of Media Splitter.

I got Media Splitter to separate large music files (Symphony, Opera, etc) into Act 1, act 2, etc. but it will not do this -- It will pull out and save one segment only. Very disappointed. Will look into other solutions. ** However, it would be such an easy fix for Applian to just highlight and save each delineated segment!

When you have all of your markers selected right mouse click. Select Save framented parts and you will then be able to have several files.

Is there anyway to specify either the number of break points, or the duration of segments, other than by using markers.