Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: At-large does not work with the Slingbox Pro-HD

Hi All,

If we are able to get At-Large working with the Pro-HD I don't think it is going to be a quick fix. There are a lot of differences here, and there will need to be a lot of changes put into place so that you are able to capture the higher quality videos that you are able to view with the Pro-HD. We don't have a fix available yet, I understand that this is frustrating, however we are looking into it. I'm sure we will make an announcement when we have any new information on this!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Not quite as positive reply, as I was wishing for.

I think the current login problem will not be that difficult to fix. I agree the new features the Pro-HD adds to Slingbox skill set, will be a fair undertaking. I'm sure Applian is up to the task.

I am glad Applian is looking into the issues and I do thank you Tasha for a reply.

HD content is the way of the future (the very near future) and it's what we all will be working with.

I just upgraded to the Recorder 2. Had been using the version 1 with Replay AV 7 for over a year with great results. And like everyone else, I cannot connect to my Pro-HD.

Recorder 2 works great with the Slingbox Classic that I have overseas.

I hope the fix for Pro-HD comes out soon. I'd hate to miss my shows when I move overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    Hi All,

If we are able to get At-Large working with the Pro-HD I don't think it is going to be a quick fix. There are a lot of differences here, and there will need to be a lot of changes put into place so that you are able to capture the higher quality videos that you are able to view with the Pro-HD. We don't have a fix available yet, I understand that this is frustrating, however we are looking into it. I'm sure we will make an announcement when we have any new information on this!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Tasha, if you want to keep your current paid users happy (on a short term basis), just fix the login problems using the lower screen resolutions. That would be a 2.1 ALR. :-)

Grouchy people like me will require the ALR 3.0.

Just a suggestion.

Default Any News?

I noticed this was from July. has there been any update or will an update be coming?
    I just replaced my classic (burned by the latest slingbox rom) with the Pro-HD. I now see that this unit has made my At-Large-Recorder obsolete. I need the recording capabilities so if a fix is not on the way i guess I will switch to the Pro model? Is this model supported?
    It would be great if you had a list of unsupported slingbox devices since you say no where in your product advertising you do not offer full support.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    Hi All,

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by chinavol View Post
    I noticed this was from July. has there been any update or will an update be coming?
    Better look again. Her post was on the 24 of this month.

I just replaced my classic (burned by the latest slingbox rom) with the Pro-HD. I now see that this unit has made my At-Large-Recorder obsolete. I need the recording capabilities so if a fix is not on the way i guess I will switch to the Pro model? Is this model supported?
    Guess you better return it but it is a shame because the Pro-HD is the much nicer box IMHO

It would be great if you had a list of unsupported slingbox devices since you say no where in your product advertising you do not offer full support.
    The Pro-HD is the only one thats not working but I agree. It should be mentioned on the web page until they get a fix. The page either suggests or says in a number of places "Works with ANY SlingBox™ product".
    Last edited by nuke12; 10-27-2008 at 02:02 PM.

I agree with Chinavol. Having the ability to record is very important. I sling from a timezone that is 17 hours different and don't want to have to stay up all night to watch my programs.

Nuke12, what's an ALR?

Quote Originally Posted by kusojiji View Post

Nuke12, what's an ALR?
    ALR = At-Large Recorder

Nuke12,

Guess you got to it before I edited my response. I found out what ALR was and deleted my question. Funny how it is still in the post.

Thanks anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by nuke12 View Post
    The Pro-HD is the only one thats not working but I agree. It should be mentioned on the web page until they get a fix. The page either suggests or says in a number of places "Works with ANY SlingBox™ product".
    Noted... we will be changing that area, thanks for pointing that out to us and I apologize for any confusion it may have caused