Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At-large does not work with the Slingbox Pro-HD

Default At-large does not work with the Slingbox Pro-HD

I see no mention of the new Pro-HD box here.

I purchased the Slingbox because of the At-Large Recorder. The sad part is, I can't get the recorder to work. I'm on my internal network so a firewall is not the issue. I was hoping it would work because of this statement, "Unlike previous versions of At-Large Recorder, version 2 works with ANY version of the SlingPlayer software or firmware". Am I doing something wrong or does the new firmware in the Pro-HD break At-Large Recorder 2.0?

No other Pro-HD users here?

I ran some more tests. I tried Slingplayer versions 1.0.5.140 & 2.0.0.465. I tested both versions using the "Finder ID" and "Direct Connection" methods and in every case, I could connect.

When I run ALR and try either connection method, I get the same result. ALR feels something else is connected to the slingbox.

I'm pretty sure it is nothing I'm doing wrong. I would like to hear from other Pro-HD & ALR users but mostly I would like to hear from Applian. Does Applian plan on supporting the Pro-HD?

I love this new Slingbox. The video quality is breath taking but of no use to me unless I can record it. I had 30 days from date of purchase to return the unit. My clock is ticking.

Thanks all for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by nuke12 View Post
    I see no mention of the new Pro-HD box here.

I purchased the Slingbox because of the At-Large Recorder. The sad part is, I can't get the recorder to work. I'm on my internal network so a firewall is not the issue. I was hoping it would work because of this statement, "Unlike previous versions of At-Large Recorder, version 2 works with ANY version of the SlingPlayer software or firmware". Am I doing something wrong or does the new firmware in the Pro-HD break At-Large Recorder 2.0?
    I don't believe we have tested with the Pro-HD. We will look into this and get back to you. Thanks for the heads-up.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    I don't believe we have tested with the Pro-HD. We will look into this and get back to you. Thanks for the heads-up.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.
    Thanks Tasha, for the reply. Much appreciated.

I look forward to your follow-up.

same thing here. I keep getting a error saying can't join slingbox saying there someone on it. i try everything from IP code name it like 15 latter and numbers and DC ip , port. i can connet to it with the slingbox software. yes my software was closed when trying to connet too the box with at-large recorder.

Same thing has happened to me as well. Although my Solo works great. Hope they are able to make things work with the Pro-HD.

Quote Originally Posted by pjpete View Post
    Same thing has happened to me as well. Although my Solo works great. Hope they are able to make things work with the Pro-HD.
    Well, I'm looking for it to not only work but also support for the new features the Pro-HD adds to the Slingbox line. Larger frame size, higher data rates, SPDIF etc.

I would like the record quality to be as good as what I can see on my screen when using Slingplayer.

The Pro-HD is an awsome box.
    Last edited by nuke12; 10-19-2008 at 07:01 AM.

Well, it's been a couple of weeks now.

I think its pretty clear there are issues with ALR and the Pro-HD box. It's been stated here and on a couple of other forums.

I know there have been problems between Applian and Sling Media and this is just another rock on the road.

So where do we go from here? Applian must have some stand on this, by now.

Can someone from Applian make a comment? Tasha?

Thanks for your time.

Default Slingbox Pro-HD

Have been having the same problems. Tasha got back to me last week to say their developers are looking at the Pro-HD. Hope they get the thing working soon, otherwise I'm going to have to take advantage of their 30-day money-back guarantee, which would be a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by editorincharge View Post
    Have been having the same problems. Tasha got back to me last week to say their developers are looking at the Pro-HD. Hope they get the thing working soon, otherwise I'm going to have to take advantage of their 30-day money-back guarantee, which would be a shame.
    Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for a little more information that probably only Applian can supply. To take the current ALR and fix the connection problem won't do it for most Pro-HD users. Most of us will want to record the full glory that is possible with the Pro-HD.

Someone will do this. There is enough source code available and with a packet level debugger, it can be figured out. I would prefer to see a stand up company like Applian provide the fix rather then a private hack. Hacks don't come with any support.

I also understand there could be pressure here with DRM and all that garbage. There are so many issues. A statement from Applian on their plans would be really nice.