Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best possible setting for watching on a DVD

Default Re: Best possible setting for watching on a DVD

Quote Originally Posted by sethm1 View Post
    So for grabbing/recording a video off the net - use the Replay Media Catcher, Replay Video Catcher or Freecorder?

Which will give me the best results?
    Replay Media Catcher can download/capture more videos than Freerecorder. And RMC has much more features than Freecorder.
    But both RMC and Freecorder get perfect digital copies of the videos. Besides recording without any quality loss, both programs allows to record many streams faster than in real time.

Replay Video Capture has its own advantages. It can record from screen, so it allows to record protected videos as well as streaming videos using protocols and formats not supported by Replay Media Catcher.

Usually it is a good idea to record with RMC. If it doesn't work, use Replay Video Capture.

But for conversion - use the Replay Converter?
    IMHO, Replay Media Catcher is good for converting automatically. Although Replay Converter has lots of nice features, I use convert with both programs. Hope other will share their experience as well.

Default Re: Best possible setting

...ALSO - used the Converter (even though the catcher saved as a flv) to convert to Mpeg 2 (dvd- high ) when I copied that file to a disc (dvd-r) and then inserted into my DVD player - I could not play it.
    Any ideas on that?
    What you got is a DVD standard complient mpeg2 file. Not yet a DVD. These files can be played with most software players on the computer, but not all standalone DVD players will play them.
    According to the strict DVD standards these files must be "[B]]DVD authorized[/B" first. This can be a complicated process. I often use VideoReDo which is fairly simple to use (for a simple, non-expert user, as I am). The authorizing step will transform the mpeg2 file into .IFO and .VOB (Video OBject) files in a VIDEO_TS folder. You would finally burn the VIDEO_TS folder on to a DVD using an appropriate burning program. ImgBurn is my choice. A DVD disc produced by this workflow normally plays on any standalone DVD player, BD player, PS3, PocornHour (PCH), etc.

Cheers!

Disclaimer:
    I am new to RMC4, do not know Replay Converter. So, I do not know if Replay Concerter will or will not do the DVD authorizing step for you.
    I may have overlooked something in your postings which may make my posting redundant or obsolete. If so, simply neglect it. I do not intend to offend your expertise. I simply want to share my limited knowledge.

Default Re: Best possible setting

Did you pick the right dvd-high? PAL or NTSC, depends where you are. NTSC - USA