Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: capture is one quarter the phyiscal dimensions of the original

Default capture is one quarter the phyiscal dimensions of the original

I'm just trying out the program and did download something which I then converted to mp4

The playback is much smaller than the original; the original is approximately 400x300 and the mp4 is about 100x75

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael

Default Re: capture is one quarter the phyiscal dimensions of the original

What web-page are you trying to record from?

Thanks for replying.

I didn't have any problem recording, except that I had to change max segments to 1.

The website is http://theothermccain.com/2011/04/28...re-the-border/

Maybe it's the conversion I'm using. I need something that will work with Adobe Premiere.

Michael

I just recorded it again and said "no conversion" and it looks the right size.

So the conversion is causing the problem.

I will try converting to avi

Michael

This FLV video uses h.264 video and AAC audio, so just use the "MPEG-4 Lossless Extraction" preset for converting FLV to MP4 without any quality loss. Works just fine for me.

Thanks for checking it out for me!

I spent my time doing this:

I exported an avi from Replay Media Catcher, but it ran out of sync in Premiere.

I converted another avi from the flv via ****** and it ran in sych in Premiere but the quality was terrible.

I made a new mp4 in Replay Media Catcher and was able to edit in in Premiere but when I exported it to an flv file the frame size sunk again.

Now I'll try it your way.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    This FLV video uses h.264 video and AAC audio, so just use the "MPEG-4 Lossless Extraction" preset for converting FLV to MP4 without any quality loss. Works just fine for me.
    what if the video/audio inside the FLV is not h264/aac but some other video/audio format pairing?
    is it then still advisable to use the "MPEG-4 Lossless Extraction" preset if want to convert the FLV losslessly to *.mp4 video format?, in other words, can *any* FLV-video *always* be converted losslessly to a *.mp4 video file? (=conversion is a general term. more accurate is extraction.)

as we know, FLV can contain all kinds of video and audio formats.

but most importantly, why do i have to post/pose the above question here? IMHO, some good guidance of how to (when, which) use the conversion presets should be given in the offline documentation help file!!
    Last edited by demotester; 05-14-2011 at 04:56 AM.

The format and video codec that you need depend on the hardware that you have. I really doubt that such things can be described in the documentation (How many users read user guides anyway? ). But may be I'm wrong. May be a WiKi needs to be created? Or may be there should be not only the "Convert", but als the "Extrac" item. What do you think?

If you have an iPod, iPhone, a portable player supporting MPEG-4 AVC (h.264) .MP4 files, then it is a good idea to use MPEG-4 Lossless Extraction for converting h.264/AAC .FLV files into h.264/AAC .MP4 files without any quality loss.

I didn't manage to use "MPEG-4 Lossless Extraction" for FLV files using On VPx video codec. Besides many hardware device support MKV container instead of MP4, so you may prefer to use "MKV Lossless Extraction" instead.

i see. thanks for the explanation.
    although the converter looks very handy with its presets, i never use it. and i am not 100% happy with fixing FLV's, in general. The safest and most straight-forward method (to me) is the lossless extraction of raw audio and raw video with FLVExtract (which is a safe and ultra-fast processing step) and then recombine ("to remux") to a container of preference: MKV, MP4, FLV. I think AVI is possible too.. with the right tool.
    of course, one could try to do everything (e.g. FLV Fix, then conversion/extraction) with a single tool (RMC4) .. but that's just not me! :P

today i downloaded a TV documentary. FLV file (inside: h.264/AAC), downloaded with some other tool, not with RMC4 or Jaksta. the "MPEG-4 Lossless Extraction" fails here with error message (red "!").
    my standard procedure works here perfectly: extracting everything losslessly with FLVExtract, then remuxing with Yamb. result: a perfect *.mp4-file.
    no error messages.