Thread: List Of Scheduled Shows Is Not Retained

Default List Of Scheduled Shows Is Not Retained

I've never had this problem with Replay A/V 8 before. I recently installed it on my new machine and shows added to my schedule are not retained after a restart of Replay A/V 8.

Am I missing something?

Default Re: List Of Scheduled Shows Is Not Retained

The problem seems to be fixed but I performed two actions and am not sure which one took care of it.
    1st - I uninstalled Replay A/V and cleaned out all registry settings.
    2nd - I installed Replay A/V (I had V8.6) and updated to version 8.83.

On to the next problem - it is not starting automatically when Windows 7 starts...

Turn your User Account Control off in your Control Panel and it will then start when windows starts if you have it set up to.

Or see my reply today to the thread "Replay A/V won't record from sleep under Windows 7".

I wiil forward the UAC workaround if requested. It enables Replay AV to load on startup without going through UAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Turn your User Account Control off in your Control Panel and it will then start when windows starts if you have it set up to.
    That is a terrible idea; especially since most people run Windows as an administrator (one should always run as a standard user and only elevate when necessary, but MS hasn't bothered to explain this to anyone). Turning off UAC opens the machine up to virus attack...not that UAC prevents it, understand, but at least it gives the user a shot at not allowing the virus to run.

It's long past time when Replay A/V should be running as a service.

It is a personal choice as to whether to turn it all the way down or not. The program does work with it on without an issue but it will not start automatically unless it is turned all the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    It is a personal choice as to whether to turn it all the way down or not.
    Agreed, but it should be a knowledgeable choice. Telling people Replay A/V only works with it turned off is one thing, simply advising it be turned off and not mentioning the considerable downside is something different.

I maintain turning UAC entirely off is a really bad idea; the whole reason it's there is to protect the machine from all the bad things that happen to a completely open one. Heck, it would make more sense in my opinion for users to download the free VirtualBox software, install XP to a virtual machine, and run Replay A/V from that. If the virtual machine gets any virus (although it shouldn't since it's only being used for Replay A/V), trash it and create a new virtual machine. No UAC involved here at all, and the XP "machine" can still be operated as a regular user, not an administrator. (A shortcut to the virtual machine can be placed in the user Win7 startup folder so it automatically "boots" at system startup.)

Naturally, this is outside the scope of Applian support, but if anyone needs advice in this area, feel free to PM me - I'll try to pay more attention to my notifications in the future than I have in the past. ;)

I have never said it won't work with it turned on. What I did say is that if you want to have it start with Windows that it will need to be turned all the way down. Thanks.