Thread: Video editing: Rotate Video 90 degrees??

Default Video editing: Rotate Video 90 degrees??

I am a relatively inexperienced video editor, and I am trying to fix a video that for some unknown reason the camerperson decided to rotate the camera 90 dergees so you either have to turn your head or turn the monitor to view decently.

This was a "once in a lifetime" video oppurtunity that I am willing to put some effort into to fix. My first guess is to extract all the frames - rotate those that need rotating and then pull them back into a video or I guess even a slide show.

I know I have extracted JPGs from video, and I thought it was with an Applian Suite component but I can't locate the feature. Maybe it was something else.

I am looking for any better ideas or if anyone knows of a video editor that could handle it?

Thanks

The video, if you are currious ( rotates about 1:10 )
    https://picasaweb.google.com/sylbob/...67176836923634

Default Re: Video editing: Rotate Video 90 degrees??

Replay Converter allows to flip your video.

You can clone a conversion preset of Replay Media Catcher and add the following option
    Code:
    -vf "transpose=1"
    Then convert video using this preset.

You can rotate your video with Windows Movie Maker.

You can also use AviSynth script to rotate your video 90 degrees. Just create and .avs file with the following content.
    Code:
    DirectShowSource("your_filename.mp4")
    TurnLeft()
    Replace your_filename.mp4 with the name of your video. Save the .avs file into the same folder where your_filename.mp4 resides.

Then open the .avs file in the freeware VirtualDub, and save it as a new video file.

if you're using windows then windows live movie maker will rotate 90 at a time either direction. if you dont have it installed you can get it from microsoft free. it is well worth the download.
    http://explore.live.com/windows-live...&wa=wsignin1.0

You can use Windows Movie Maker for rotating to 90 degrees a video. It is free to donwload and can be used easily by following these simple steps:

1. From the file menu select "import into collections". Select your movie clips, which will appear under the Collections pane and drag them to the movie time line at the bottom of the window.
    2. then go to the tools menu and select "Video effects." Scroll down to Rotate 90, and at last
    3. go to Save Movie File (shortcut: CTRL+P) and select the destination, following the prompts to save it to your computer. your file will be saved with wmv extension.

Hope these info helps you, if still you are having some trouble then you can contact a professional video editor, he will guid eyou in a much better way. The one that I know is these people, you can check their profile and if needed get in touch with them.