Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Alternative to XMTuner for recording Sirius?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Alternative to XMTuner for recording Sirius?

    I have an older machine that can't handle the .net framework (long story, but "buy a newer PC" is not the answer I'm looking for). Is there an alternative to XM Tuner that will do the same thing so I can record Sirius given the current issues with the built-in Replay method?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Alternative to XMTuner for recording Sirius?

    Quote Originally Posted by jlatenight View Post
    I have an older machine that can't handle the .net framework (long story, but "buy a newer PC" is not the answer I'm looking for). Is there an alternative to XM Tuner that will do the same thing so I can record Sirius given the current issues with the built-in Replay method?
    You could try SiriusXMStreamer - I have no idea if it works with Replay A/V, but since it performs a similar function, it might.

    Oops...it, too requires Microsoft .Net 3.5 Framework, so that apparently won't work for you either.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,327
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Alternative to XMTuner for recording Sirius?

    It does work with AV, however, you do need one extra step.
    Right mouse click channel
    Select Channel URL
    Select ASX
    Then add it the same way as you do with XMTuner

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clay County, MO
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Alternative to XMTuner for recording Sirius?

    I guess the one mention is now down like xmtuner. Is there a Applian software other than Replay 8 that can record XM sirius? Are there other streaming downloads like "XMTuner?" or are we finally finished recording xm? email me at [email protected] thanks.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Alternative to XMTuner for recording Sirius?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paint View Post
    I guess the one mention is now down like xmtuner. Is there a Applian software other than Replay 8 that can record XM sirius? Are there other streaming downloads like "XMTuner?" or are we finally finished recording xm?
    Everyone is being frightened-off by SXM going out-of-its-way to make it a violation of U.S. federal law to muck with the streams. I, too, am using some seriously-kludgy systems involving virtual machines, various freeware software, macro apps that move the mouse, etc., etc. to get an occasional recording.

    Of course, Applian is in this discussion rather between a rock-and-a-hard-place, since they need to abide by the same laws and might even be a bit...concerned...about allowing a discussion on how to work around the issues. I am considering creating a private area for discussion of an open-sourced solution on one of the discussion boards I operate, but even that might be considered a violation. Seems the corporate interests like Adobe have managed to chill the notion of "free speech" in the U.S.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,327
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Alternative to XMTuner for recording Sirius?

    You are able to use Replay Music. It is an audio capture and it will not tag and split the music. You might want to give that a try.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Alternative to XMTuner for recording Sirius?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    You are able to use Replay Music. It is an audio capture and it will not tag and split the music. You might want to give that a try.
    Hi Cheryl, I see that this is comment is from January, just wondering - will Replay Music still work with Sirius XM's new internet player? I discovered that the new internet player audio doesn't get detected as 'Record Audio from Speakers' anymore, I guess they've found a way to block that somehow. Does Replay Music get around that or no?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,327
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Alternative to XMTuner for recording Sirius?

    It will record but not on a schedule and it will not tag and split due to how they stream. Each computer is different as to how long it can record without a split so you would need to experiment to see how long of a successful recording you can use. Give it a try and see.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Alternative to XMTuner for recording Sirius?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    It will record but not on a schedule and it will not tag and split due to how they stream. Each computer is different as to how long it can record without a split so you would need to experiment to see how long of a successful recording you can use. Give it a try and see.
    Thank you Cheryl, I DL'd the trial to test it and that does indeed seem to work for now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    1,954
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Alternative to XMTuner for recording Sirius?

    Quote Originally Posted by mensch38 View Post
    Thank you Cheryl, I DL'd the trial to test it and that does indeed seem to work for now.
    Wonderful, thanks for confirming!
    Best Regards,

    Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with XMTuner & scheduling
    By cathykeller in forum Replay A/V
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 08:10 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 06:00 AM
  3. Sirius 816 Not Recording
    By ComradeThead in forum Replay A/V
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2010, 04:06 PM
  4. Recording Sirius= A few questions
    By Martini in forum Replay A/V
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 08:01 PM
  5. Recording Sirius Online
    By askcarl in forum Recording Streaming Audio
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 01:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About these forums...
Applian Technologies makes these discussion forums available for our customers to assist other users. We do read this content and appreciate all your suggestions and comments. If you need technical support or customer service, please visit the links to the right.
Let's Be Friends