Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BBC iPlayer download hangs on "sending create stream..." status

Default Re: BBC iPlayer download hangs on "sending create stream..." status

Quote Originally Posted by growlie View Post
    I can download fine if I shutdown and restart RMC for each download, otherwise the second download hangs on "sending create stream..". This method is still much quicker than recording.
    Try to limit the number of concurrent download to 1 (Tools -> Options -> Download settings)

p.s. Haven't tested this yet, but hope this can help

I have to say having just bought the full Applian recording suite today - to specifically record the output of the BBC - which is the major source of radio in the UK - I am somewhat disappointed to have had this problem from the very start. It looks to me as though this version 4 is buggy - and the older version 3 (noted above) worked OK in this regard. I find the solution above - to use recording - is not acceptable. If I wanted to just record the programmes, I can just hook my laptop up to my CD recorder or cassette recorder and get the equivalent functionality for free. And the time difference between RTMP and recording is quite enormous - in the case of the 15 mins long programmes I am trying to capture now - they are 15 mins by record, and about 15 seconds by RTMP.

I'm afraid unless there is a quick solution I will be sending the software back for a refund.

I tested again and got the "sending create stream..." with the second and all subsequent RTMP downloads from BBC.

Then I tried to use rtmpdump.exe as a plug-in for Replay Media Catcher 4 and it worked like a charm.

How to download BBC 7 streams using rtmpdump.exe as a plug-in for RMC 4:
    1. Download the latest version of rtmpdump
      Currently you can download rtmpdump v2.3 r569
      http://www.mediafire.com/file/nqw77x...mpdump-2.3.zip
    2. Check the downloaded file for viruses (virustotal.com can be handy for that)
    3. Open rtmpdump-2.3.zip and copy rtmpdump.exe into into Replay Media Catcher 4 folder
      (For RMC 4.2.4 in Windows 7 it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Applian Technologies\Replay Media Catcher 4
      For RMC 4.2.1 in Windows 7 it is C:\Program Files\Applian Technologies\Replay Media Catcher 4)
    4. In RMC 4 select Tools -> Settings -> Plugins and click the Add button.
    5. Add the following for BBC 7
      Code:
      protocol: RTMP
      URL match: bbcmedia.fcod.llnwd.net
      executable: rtmpdump.exe
      parameters: -r "{url}" -o "{file}"  --app "{app}" --flashVer "{flashVer}" --swfUrl "{swfUrl}" --tcUrl "{tcUrl}" --pageUrl "{pageUrl}" --playpath "{playPath}"

For other streams you may need to change the URL match to the domain used.

I've not really been using RMC4 much lately, but I thought I'd have a little play with this to see what's going on. Using the rtmpdump plugin method, the Radioplayer link provided by otter1c (an edition of In Our Time) downloaded successfully.

I then tried to download this episode of The Secret World from Radio 4 Extra (it's not BBC 7 any more!) on the iPlayer and got "ERROR: Closing connection: NetStream.Failed"

Without the plugin (which I had to delete as there is no apparent means of toggling it on & off), In Our Time resulted in the "sending createStream" error but The Secret World downloaded perfectly, as did the next three short programmes I selected at random from 4 Extra to test it with. This is in version 4.2.1 using Super Download, and with Max Concurrent Downloads set to 1, which is my preferred choice anyway.

It seems both of these methods are required, depending on whether Radioplayer or iPlayer is providing the stream, so there really needs to be a way of toggling between them rather than having to keep deleting and recreating the plugin each time.

Also, you said we may need to change the URL to match the domain, so is there a simple way to find out what the domain is?

The problem is fixed in RMC 4.2.5. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiograbber View Post
    It seems both of these methods are required, depending on whether Radioplayer or iPlayer is providing the stream, so there really needs to be a way of toggling between them rather than having to keep deleting and recreating the plugin each time.
    I usually rename say "bbcmedia.fcod.llnwd.net" onto "_bbcmedia.fcod.llnwd.net".

Also, you said we may need to change the URL to match the domain, so is there a simple way to find out what the domain is?
    Try to record without plug-ins, then double click the recording to see the URL.

I then tried to download _http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011dkny/The_Secret_World_Series_1_Episode_2/
    Works fine for me:

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    I usually rename say "bbcmedia.fcod.llnwd.net" onto "_bbcmedia.fcod.llnwd.net".

Try to record without plug-ins, then double click the recording to see the URL.
    OK, thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    Works fine for me:

Ah, that's still the Radioplayer though. I was using the proper iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/b...extra/20110525 (10:30pm)
    Last edited by Radiograbber; 05-28-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Ah, that's still the Radioplayer though. I was using the proper iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/b...extra/20110525 (10:30pm)
    Sorry, I didn't really get it. Did I download something different?

You have downloaded the same episode but by accessing it in a different way. I'm still using the normal iPlayer and browsing the daily schedule pages for each radio station, but if you navigate through the BBC website to the home page for Radio 4 Extra and then find the programme you want to listen to (i.e. the latest episode of The Secret World http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011kqsj), clicking on Listen Now launches the Radioplayer not the iPlayer. For some dumb reason the BBC are supplying the same content via two separate systems.