Thread: BBC iPlayer download hangs on "sending create stream..." status

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default BBC iPlayer download hangs on "sending create stream..." status

I had been successfully downloading multiple simultaneous streams from BBC iPlayer using version 4.2. Now usually the first attempt works BUT subsequent attempts hang on a "sending create stream..." status.
    If I shut down Media Catcher and restart it again the first attempted download works but then the the same problem occurs.

Default Re: BBC iPlayer download hangs on "sending create stream..." status

Please post the URL of the web-page

Also do you have any problems in the RTMP recording mode (Tools -> Settings -> RTMP Download Tweaks -> Always record RTMP streams instead of downloading)?

The programs I download come from this page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio7/programmes/a-z

Recording seems to work ok.

Hi have have the same problem. It doesn't appear to be iPlayer but Radioplayer . Below is the quote from the BBC site:

Radioplayer is a partnership between the BBC and UK Commercial Radio. Together we've developed a player that gives audiences a simple and consistent online listening experience.
    Radioplayer allows you to discover and listen to live and on demand radio from Ofcom licensed UK radio station.

The Web link that will certainly cause the problem for me is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00sv7wd

I have am downloading successfully both video and audio content from the Iplayer site but the above link times out with the status "sending create stream"
    and the interface is different from the standard Iplayer

Sorry that you are having troubles. In order to get a full recording, please go into Replay Media Catcher, tools, settings, RTMP download tweaks and select to \"Always Record RTMP streams instead of download them\". Then under client buffer, deselect \"enable super download\" feature.
    So you will need to keep your browser open on the page you are recording until the file finishes downloading and program is complete.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Seen this all the time now that BBC Radio7 is BBC Radio 4Extra, so I really struggle to get the download to work. Used the \"Always Record RTMP streams instead of download them\" option and it works fine. Prefer the download option though as I have to keep switching between modes depending on where I'm recording from.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Sorry that you are having troubles. In order to get a full recording, please go into Replay Media Catcher, tools, settings, RTMP download tweaks and select to \"Always Record RTMP streams instead of download them\". Then under client buffer, deselect \"enable super download\" feature.
    So you will need to keep your browser open on the page you are recording until the file finishes downloading and program is complete.
    Jeff thanks for your prompt reply. Dont be sorry , your solution works. Thank you. Do you think this affect any other recordings of a similar type and also can you this problem being resolved in future updates?