Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't record after Sirius XM channel number change

Default Re: Can't record after Sirius XM channel number change

Still not working, I wonder if it's something to do with the different logins between xm and sirius.

For the old sm player, I used my email address and password to log in. Using the new (ugh) sirius player, I had to change my user name to something without an @ symbol.

Now if I log in with my old xm credentials, I get a stream error.

If I log in with my siriusxm id, the player seems to get ready to play the stream, I get a now playing box, but the status box says "connecting to media" for a few seconds, then errors out.

This happens on any channel.

Quote Originally Posted by edadks View Post
    For the old sm player, I used my email address and password to log in. Using the new (ugh) sirius player, I had to change my user name to something without an @ symbol.
    Hum...I was going to create an email address for a demo account on the Sirius side, but that log-in will have the "@" symbol, so it won't test much. Although I may give it a whirl anyway to see if XMPR (I refuse to call it by its new branding!) moved to an accessible channel while this is all getting worked-out.

Just an FYI - its being discussed here - a 'fix' was suggested but while it was a nice way to edit the channel lineup you see - you still can't play channels to moved to new locations where no channel existed before.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xmt...1/index/page/1

I've now changed my id from the old xm email address login to a sirius user name and I can now play many channels.

Still can't play 105 even though it has the correct logo now...although the logo is not in color like the channels that work.

Anyone have any luck getting 105 to play?

Quote Originally Posted by refmon View Post
    Just an FYI - its being discussed here - a 'fix' was suggested but while it was a nice way to edit the channel lineup you see - you still can't play channels to moved to new locations where no channel existed before.
    I saw that earlier, and it seems unnecessarily cosmetic. What I can't figure out is where he's getting that data..I simply renamed the two cache files so they would need to be re-created:

Code:
    13:55:40  Loading extended channel data... (from cache)
    13:55:40  No cache data to load, skipping...
    ...and they were re-created...wrong. It implies he isn't pulling it from SiriusXM at all.

This "fix" doesn't change anything, though; if your channel moved to channel 20, just change the URI in ReplayA/V and be done with it. If, on the other hand, you need to record a channel like 121, you're SOL until the developer gets his act together, or Applian steps up.

I have to agree....I've been a paying member for years to XM..then moved painfully to sirriusXM with the crappy online player. I wish there was something I we could do to voice distain in a unified manner...as I doubt individually it would make a difference. Man I hate how they have the service setup and without any competition I expect this behavior to continue and the price to continually rise. (*sigh*) x1 to the power of 1million!!!!!!

Another application that works differently from XMTuner is SiriusWM (I just found it today searching for options) - it works like the XMWidget (which is also broken at the moment) - I've been posting there too and they said they may have it fixed tonight - if so then that could be used - but you would use it to 'record what you hear' - it would be like recording the official web player without the time outs from what I can tell - still better than no option at all. Page one of the 70 page thread has a link to the Windows version of the app: https://forums.geekstoolbox.com/show...5946-SiriusWM6

Just found a good replacement for xmtuner. Please use the following link for windows based program with installing instructions.

https://forums.geekstoolbox.com/show...5946-SiriusWM6

Quote Originally Posted by Leerichjr View Post
    Just found a good replacement for xmtuner. Please use the following link for windows based program with installing instructions.

https://forums.geekstoolbox.com/show...5946-SiriusWM6
    Unless he fixed it in the last hour and hasn't mentioned it - thats the site I linked too right above your post. It isn't the same as xmtuner if you want to record shows as it doesnt tune to stations for replayAV - it will work as a stand alone player once he fixes the stations that won't load as he posted he planned to do tonight.

Cool Re: Can't record after Sirius XM channel number change

:::: FOR SIRIUS USERS ONLY, SORRY XM :::: NEW!!! Updated file again, all channels with a satellite for an icon have been renamed to channel SIRIUS 900 so they are at the bottom and again can be ignored. (more info: removing them made the file fail )

I edited the 'channellineup.cache' file located (WinXP SP3) in 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\XMTuner'. While XM Tuner is CLOSED, back up your copy by right clicking and choosing to copy it and then rename copy 'channellineup_old.cache' and download and copy >> this one << to your folder. Then re-open your XM Tuner and the channel line up should be all good.
    Last edited by codgus; 05-05-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Updated file.