Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Can't record after Sirius XM channel number change

Default Re: Can't record after Sirius XM channel number change

Your statement "it won't do you much good" is relative; it did a lot of good for me. The channels I want to record all work for me this way. I agree that some channels will not show up this way.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_paige View Post
    Your statement "it won't do you much good" is relative; it did a lot of good for me. The channels I want to record all work for me this way. I agree that some channels will not show up this way.
    If you can record them using the old Akamai streams on the XM side, they aren't "new" channel numbers (that is, channels that moved to channel numbers that did not exist prior to the change), and so theoretically could have more easily been recorded without editing the cache file at all. While I haven't personally tested every new channel number, everything I've read, from those who know one heckuva lot more than I do about it, insists that none of the new channel numbers exist on the old XM Akamai streams, at least the way XM Tuner and SiriusXMStreamer interface with them. A direct quote from Steven Kean (SiriusXMStreamer developer): "There are ~50 XM streams that can't be accessed via the legacy streams that SXS uses, but only ~5 Sirius streams missing.

Hi,
    I have an XM account. The only channel I am interested in used to be on channel 75, but moved to channel 72. I found that by using XMTuner and selecting the url for Channel 72, I am able to connect. However, I have found in recent weeks that after I log in, I am disconnected after 2 or 3 minutes. Then, the scheduler connects again and I record for another 2 or 3 minutes .. and so on. So, it is completely not usable for me. Is this part of the problem others are experiencing? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_C View Post
    However, I have found in recent weeks that after I log in, I am disconnected after 2 or 3 minutes. Then, the scheduler connects again and I record for another 2 or 3 minutes .. and so on.
    I had the exact same issue a while back on XM Public Radio (only available on-line on the old streams on the Sirius side at 205). It was transient...I could record one day, the next it would do that every-three-minute thing. Some days I missed the morning recording because of it, then the re-run at three in the afternoon would be fine.

Suggest you keep trying; assuming the problem I'm having today (a complete inability to record anything) is a fluke on my end, you might find it starts working just fine in a day or two.