Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't record after Sirius XM channel number change

Default Can't record after Sirius XM channel number change

As I expected, recording is not working today following the Sirius XM channel number line-up change. This is probably more of an issue with the XM Tuner application than Replay A/V, but if anyone knows how to get it working again, I'd appreciate any tips. I already updated the channel numbers accordingly, but still no worky. I'm using MMS, haven't tried HTTP yet. Thanks!

Default Re: Can't record after Sirius XM channel number change

It would work if you channel didnt change or changed to a number that existed on the old lineup but not if it is a completely new number - I'm in the same boat as you and I've messaged the creator of XMtuner in hopes of a fix - or maybe just a 'hack' that will allow us to enter what the stream should be.

Of course it doesn't work. Applian is the most awesome company. They've always pulled through with a solution somewhere when something changes. Although we've been dangling for months with the XM Tuner as the savior. Now alas, we are back in the red. :-( - waiting patiently.... Hurry up! -joking

Please keep us posted if you hear anything back from the developer. (*sigh*) I'm really beginning to hate SiriusXM...

I believe it is suppose to take awhile to populate. I did test a few stations and either I tested stations that did not change or they have updated already.

I've been trying to get things working for the last couple of hours since the changeover, looks like the xmtuner solution is dead for the moment. My channels have been updated to show the new channel numbers but streams won't load on any channel.

If the icon for XMtuner is on the channel it has not been updated. The channels with the icons do seem to work

I can't get any channel to play since a little after midnight. Even channels that did not change will no longer play. Every channel now gives an "Error fetching stream" message even if I try to tune to a channel directly inside xmtuner.

Since that solution now seems to be no good, could we possibly get a fix from Applian, we've been very patient over the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    If the icon for XMtuner is on the channel it has not been updated. The channels with the icons do seem to work
    Not strictly true; 133 moved to 121, which wasn't a channel yesterday, so it doesn't appear on the XM Tuner-served channel guide, and fails even manually entering the channel number into the URI.

Quote Originally Posted by edadks View Post
    I can't get any channel to play since a little after midnight. Even channels that did not change will no longer play. Every channel now gives an "Error fetching stream" message even if I try to tune to a channel directly inside xmtuner.
    I can easily connect, as noted above, to channels that either 1) haven't moved (say, 40's on 4), or have moved to channels that existed yesterday (i.e. NPR Now from 134 to 122). FWIW, this is the XM side of the online service (and parenthetically, if they are going to change channels why the hades didn't they make them the same on both friggin' systems???) If you can't connect to anything, try restarting the application or service...if that doesn't work, try a computer restart.

I am also looking for a solution. I was using XM Tuner to record XM 202 which has moved to XM 105. XMTuner will not connect and the original issues that led me from Replay AV to XM Tuner are still unresolved. Greatly appreciate your continued efforts to keep us recording.