Thread: Title field of mp3 file doesn't show track number when recording from audio output

Default Title field of mp3 file doesn't show track number when recording from audio output

When I record by downloading streams, the name of the file and the Title field are the same. For instance, if the file name is "cars May03_4", then the title field of the file is the same, "cars May03_4".

But when I record from audio output, the Title field does not include the track number. In the case above, the Title field will be "cars May03" only. No track number.

This is a problem because my MP3 player software only sees files by their Title field. So even though I've recorded ten different files, if the Title field is the same in all of them, my MP3 player software only sees them as one file. (I have to use an MP3 file renaming program to edit the Title field individually.)

Is there a way to record from audio input that would append the track number to the Title field? I tried tagging the file while recording, but that didn't do anything to the Title field.

Thanks,
    Jake
    Last edited by jake; 05-03-2011 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Typo error

Default Re: Title field of mp3 file doesn't show track number when recording from audio output

The best way would be make individual shows named "Cars_1", "Cars_2", etc. instead of one show that spilts into seperate files.

Default Re: Title field of mp3 file doesn't show track number when recording from audio output

Quote Originally Posted by thetalk View Post
    The best way would be make individual shows named "Cars_1", "Cars_2", etc. instead of one show that spilts into seperate files.
    Thanks, but I have the splits in so I can avoid top and bottom of the hour news and commercials.

Yes, it still works.
    "Cars01" from 12:05pm to 12:29pm.
    "Cars02" from 12:35pm to 1pm.
    "Cars03" from 1:05pm to 1:29pm.
    etc.