Thread: 90% of my downloaded .FLV files from livestream are not seekable

Angry 90% of my downloaded .FLV files from livestream are not seekable

Hi,

in RMC4 i have the problem that 90% of my downloads (from livestreams) are corrupt.

Sometimes i can repair these files with FLV-repair or FLVMDI, but not always
    In most cases the FLV files are missing the Meta Data Tag and are not seekable.

Automatic conversion via RMC4 doesn't work either.

Can you please shine your light on this !!!

Thanks

Theo

Default Re: 90% of my downloaded .FLV files from livestream are not seekable

hi Theo,

I mentioned the bug in RMC4 already several times, the ONLY way to get the file 'correctly' fixed is...

a. Turn off auto repair !
    b After download:
    - FixFlv
    - click on the FileContents
    - FixTime
    - CLOSE FixFlv
    - Reopen FixFlv (duration is now re-counted)
    - Fix Duration
    - Close FixFlv

The FLV should now play okay !
    Although the start always will be fast for a second and then continues mostly correctly.
    Last edited by Arno; 05-04-2011 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arno View Post
    hi Theo,

I mentioned the bug in RMC4 already several times, the ONLY way to get the file 'correctly' fixed is...

a. Turn off auto repair !
    b After download:
    - FixFlv
    - click on the FileContents
    - FixTime
    - CLOSE FixFlv
    - Reopen FixFlv (duration is now re-counted)
    - Fix Duration
    - Close FixFlv

The FLV should now play okay !
    Although the start always will be fast for a second and then continues mostly correctly.
    Thanks Arno. I trust your procedure, it sounds the safe way to do.
    One major problem is to find out "the number" (default: 15) which has to be entered in the FixTime dialogue. For example you can record a secure rtmp stream (in RMC4's "Recording Mode") and the resulting FLV-file cant be correctly analyzed with tools such as MediaInfo or FLVExtract. These 2 tools usually do a great job with telling you "numbers" about *.FLV-files. And as we know, FLV-files can have all kinds of "numbers": 15, 25, 29.97, 30, ..

Here, the RMC4 help documentation is totally lacking. It doesnt tell what the "default 15" actually means (is it the framerate or what??) and in which direction we have to alter it to get our perfect FLV-video.

@demotester
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjafh
    If know the time length of your record say 25.48 mins that equals 1548 secs. So change the fix flv number (try say 30) and after hitting ok and the number changes in the column check at the end. If number is less than 1548.XXX, increase the fix FLV number, or if the column displays a number greater than 1548.XXX decrease until you can arrive as close as you can to 1548.XXX.

Quote Originally Posted by demotester View Post
    One major problem is to find out "the number" (default: 15) which has to be entered in the FixTime dialogue.
    I don't know either but i leave it to 15.
    Previously i had it on "auto repair" and then when you do FixFlv again, i had to change the number to something between 40 and 60 .
    Otherwise it was much to fast playing.
    Therefor its the best to have 'auto repair' out and do FixFlv yourself .
    I noticed only that there are at the beginning of the list two zero's, maybe thats what makes it fast speed at the start...

But i dont know a better way
    Maybe there are other programs that can fix FLV files correctly ?

When you google, you'd find a wealth of FLV fixing tools (and none of which as recommendable as RMC4's). Giving a high school grade how perfectly well an arbitrary FLV is fixed by RMC4, i'd give it a B or B+. It certainly fixes FLV's in such a way that the playback is synchronized (audio vs. video) and smooth but strangely the duration (total time) can result different from the true duration.
    When you open FixFLV and it loads the original download file, check the entry "videoframerate". This should be the number to be used/entered in the FixTime dialogue. 40fps or 60fps sound wrong numbers (to be entered in FixTime dialogue) because no video has such a high videoframerate.

I'm wondering why the help file documentation is so insufficient and lacking regarding this (and so many other) important topic. It has no examaples, nothing. S*cks.

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    @demotester
    thanks for the quote. i think i have understood it. i'll test ..