Thread: MLB Audio: RMC 4.2.1 incorrectly identifying live RTMP streams

Default MLB Audio: RMC 4.2.1 incorrectly identifying live RTMP streams

I use RMC to download archived games from MLB Audio so I can listen to them a) at a faster speed and b) through a less clunky interface than their online player. Prior to updating to 4.2.1, the super download feature could suck each game down in < 3 minutes, which makes sense as it's a complete archived file. Now in 4.2.1, it's detecting this as a live stream instead so I'm only able to download in real time. It doesn't make sense to actually download these games if it's going to take me 3 hours to record them anyway.

Is there anyway to disable this new feature "- Implemented support for RTMP live stream detection. Default client buffer is now used for live streams and not super download" and/or force RMC to recognize certain streams as not being live?

Default Re: RMC 4.2.1 incorrectly identifying live RTMP streams

I'll note that I thought I could get around this by upping the Initial client buffer size to something that could handle an entire game, but when I set it to 36000 (like the super download buffer) it only grabs an hour before pausing.

I was able to get these to download relatively quickly using the rtmpdump plugin, but it still stands as a potentially undesirable change in behavior. I'm more than happy to follow up with URLs and the necessary IDs if support is wanting to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by brideck View Post
    I was able to get these to download relatively quickly using the rtmpdump plugin, but it still stands as a potentially undesirable change in behavior. I'm more than happy to follow up with URLs and the necessary IDs if support is wanting to investigate.
    It is a good idea to send them your log.