Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: www.myfreecams.com problem: mfc downloads - blocked

Default Re: mfc downloads - blocked

Quote Originally Posted by sammygo View Post
    I am using version 3.11 and have the same issue. I originally thought it was a RMC issue, so I tried downloading streams using other capture software. It seems the other software has the same issue, getting rickrolled, and when set to record instead of download it works, but I have to leave the window open otherwise it stops. I also noticed a message when using one of the other programs that MFC is using a secure stream. Was that always the case? That could explain why this is happening.
    Replay Media Catcher 3.11 does not support Secure RTMP downloading/recording so you better off using Replay Media catcher 4/Jaksta 4.
    Now the rick roll video by rick ashley was funny at the time...(LOL )...however, since this has been figured out I guess the jokes on them.

thanks Matthew, its working :P , so far its only one stream at a time ( cant leave the 'rooms' ) but good work around for sure

Unhappy Re: mfc downloads - blocked

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC1000 View Post
    Try the following: go to Tools>Settings> HTTP Download Tweaks add the following secure site site: myfreecams.com file extention: flv click okay & try adding swf as well. Then go to Try the following: go to Tools>Settings> RTMP Download Tweaks make sure to checkmark: "Always record streams instead of downloading."

Best Regards.

thanks, matthew, for the suggestion. direct recording does avoid the rickrolling problem, but at a price, at least from my experience, because without automatic recording/resume the captured streams frequently only last a few minutes at most, and sometimes barely a few seconds, and about 50% of the time there is no audio captured.

jeff lenny's suggestion to use rvc until such time as rmc can be tweaked seems to produce more reliable results, though not without drawbacks.

nevertheless, thanks for your suggestion.

When i installed the new version, i managed for the first time to download from MFC, only on one stream i got a few times Rick A. , but the day after i only get Rick A.
    So i set the setting back to recording as with the previous version.

With version 3.2.1 i still have the same problems with FLV, the auto function doesnt work... you must do:
    - Open FixFlv
    - FixTime
    - then CLOSE
    - Open FixFlv
    - FixDuration
    - CLOSE
    Only THEN the file is okay, although it starts still with two 'zero's' at the fixtime.

And clicking again on "In Progress" doesnt remove the not in progress files.

I had also several memory errors the past 2 days with the new version.

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    so far its only one stream at a time ( cant leave the 'rooms' ) but good work around for sure
    Open the rooms with "popup" you can then record from more rooms !

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC1000 View Post
    Replay Media Catcher 3.11 does not support Secure RTMP downloading/recording so you better off using Replay Media catcher 4/Jaksta 4.
    Are you saying RMC4 can now record secure streams?

Just to be clear. When my wife checks my history and sees I have been to MFC I will point her to this thread. You all need to back me up and explain it was only for "stream verification" purposes. It sounds like a great Rick Roll though. Great move by the admin at MFC.

Quote Originally Posted by walker428 View Post
    Just to be clear. When my wife checks my history and sees I have been to MFC I will point her to this thread. You all need to back me up and explain it was only for "stream verification" purposes. It sounds like a great Rick Roll though. Great move by the admin at MFC.
    Ah great, I'm glad somebody beat me to the response for how to fix this. I have to admit, I literally LOL'ed and mentally high-fived the admin at MFC for doing this. Granted, it's a pain - but it was pretty lol-tastic At any rate, for those who MISSED it here's how to fix this issue:

RMC and Jaksta recording mode will still let you record instead of downloading.

Tools > Settings and expand RTMP tweaks and check always record instead of downloading.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Ah great, I'm glad somebody beat me to the response for how to fix this. I have to admit, I literally LOL'ed and mentally high-fived the admin at MFC for doing this. Granted, it's a pain - but it was pretty lol-tastic At any rate, for those who MISSED it here's how to fix this issue:

RMC and Jaksta recording mode will still let you record instead of downloading.

Tools > Settings and expand RTMP tweaks and check always record instead of downloading.
    just to be clear, is advising a switch to direct recording rather than downloading the only "fix" applian will be offering its customers?

because it seems to me that that is only a "fix" in the same sense that handing out teaspoons to the passengers of the titanic and advising them to start bailing was a fix for their problem.

all joking aside, if the solution to myfreecams rickrolling problem is to switch to direct stream recording, then the problem becomes one of why doesn't direct stream recording work reliably on sites like myfreecams?

Quote Originally Posted by minipc View Post
    all joking aside, if the solution to myfreecams rickrolling problem is to switch to direct stream recording, then the problem becomes one of why doesn't direct stream recording work reliably on sites like myfreecams?
    If you can watch one stream only, you can record one stream only. There is nothing applian or any other software developer can do about it.