Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: www.myfreecams.com problem: mfc downloads - blocked

Default Re: www.myfreecams.com problem: mfc downloads - blocked

I suspect they are playing the rick video as a flv and the real video as some other data type which their site knows is really a flv, but jaksta/rmc only see's the flv.

The reason why i suspect this is because they do the same thing on the private images which are supposed to be secured, except with google chromes developer view you get the following when viewing the jpg..

exclusive_gallery.php
    Dimensions 320 × 240
    File size 7.70KB
    MIME type text/html

when its not really php/txt/html its binary/jpg

So the view images screen knows to override the mime type.

Theres an app called fiddler (link) that might help us find what mime type they are using to hide the live video stream.

Hope this helps.

Default Re: mfc downloads - blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Ah great, I'm glad somebody beat me to the response for how to fix this. I have to admit, I literally LOL'ed and mentally high-fived the admin at MFC for doing this. Granted, it's a pain - but it was pretty lol-tastic At any rate, for those who MISSED it here's how to fix this issue:

RMC and Jaksta recording mode will still let you record instead of downloading.

Tools > Settings and expand RTMP tweaks and check always record instead of downloading.
    I had never heard of this site but the Rick Rolling was hillarious so I -had- to try it! Your solution DOES work, but when I turned off this option and just put the site in Tools>Settings> HTTP Download Tweaks add the following secure site it didn't work. Any ideas? BTW There are options in that area to Add and Delete, is there any way to edit an existing entry?

Quote Originally Posted by netsez View Post
    I had never heard of this site but the Rick Rolling was hillarious so I -had- to try it! Your solution DOES work, but when I turned off this option and just put the site in Tools>Settings> HTTP Download Tweaks add the following secure site it didn't work. Any ideas?
    myfreecams.com uses RTMP streams, so HTTP Download Tweaks have no any effect onto switching between downloading and capturing RTMP stream from it.

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    myfreecams.com uses RTMP streams, so HTTP Download Tweaks have no any effect onto switching between downloading and capturing RTMP stream from it.
    Ah yes, brain fart on me When I do this Tools>Settings> RTMP Download Tweaks make sure to checkmark: "Always record streams instead of downloading." it works on myfreecams but then my other chat site STOPS working, RMC4 reports "waiting for streaming to commence" when the site always worked with "automatically resume" checked. I guess there is no setting that works on all sites.

I'm having the same Rick Roll issue on 3.11. I would try upgrading to RMC v4 but when I used it I found that it wouldn't record just the data that the stream was delivering but it would make a huge file, several MB in size for only a few seconds of streaming and I know that much data was not being delivered. If there were a way around that, I'd be happy to go to v4. Anyhoo, I'm still trying to find a work around for 3.11.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtcrime View Post
    I would try upgrading to RMC v4 but when I used it I found that it wouldn't record just the data that the stream was delivering but it would make a huge file, several MB in size for only a few seconds of streaming and I know that much data was not being delivered. If there were a way around that, I'd be happy to go to v4.
    Try to compare the complete recordings, not temporary files. RMC 4 allows to download full videos from Youtube, so there should be no problem testing.

I upgraded to RMC Version 4 and set it to record. No more Rick, but it seems like the last minute or so of the recorded stream gets cut off or the audio and video are completely out of sync. I'm kinda new to Ver 4. Am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by BillJay; 04-23-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arno View Post
    Open the rooms with "popup" you can then record from more rooms !
    By the way i have tried to open pop-up to record more than 1 room but it does not work. It stops anything that you are recording at the time to record your new pop up window!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    By the way i have tried to open pop-up to record more than 1 room but it does not work. It stops anything that you are recording at the time to record your new pop up window!
    That is odd.
    I can easily open up to even 10 or more pop windows (rooms) and have RMC record them all !

Maybe a problem with popup blocking software ???

Just out of curiosity, is this still being passed on to the programmers to assess, or is "record mode" being treated as the permanent solution? I was just wondering, at least for me it feels like more of a temporary workaround than a fix.