Thread: Access AV8 via script

Default Access AV8 via script

Hi,

Here's the problem: I want to record a BBC show unattended, but the URL changes every week. Now, I can write a script that scrapes the new URL off the main web site, but I need a way to update the URL in AV8 programmatically. Is that possible? If not, is there a way for AV8 to accommodate dynamic URLs?

Thanks,
    dpm

Default Re: Access AV8 via script

I'm afraid the program doesn't have that ability. Thanks.

Is it possible to request this as a new feature? Without it unattended recording of certain websites is almost impossible.

Thanks,
    dpm

As you say the URLs are dynamic but presumably those for the Listen Live facility in BBC iPlayer are not. For example if what you intended doing was recording "Russia - The Wild East" on BBC Radio 4 from 0345 to 0400 pm Monday to Friday next week could you not just copy the url from your browser's address bar at any time you were listening to Radio 4 live thus -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/b...rfm/listenlive

subsequently paste it the Edit Properties box for "Russia - The Wild East", specify capture by recording streams, schedule recording to begin on 25/04/2011 at 03:444:30 (say) and stop at 04:00.30 setting the process to repeat weekdays.

A bit fiddly perhaps when a few lines of code might in theory accomplish the same thing but it might serve pro tem. An element of kite-flying on my part I have to admit and Applian's tekkies may well shoot me down but I have set my machine up to hopefully do precisely as outlined above next week while I am out earning a crust.

alan091142