Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: (Solutions only) XM or Sirius Login issue - error: unable to connect to login site.

Default Re: XM or Sirius Login issue - error: unable to connect to login site

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    When I select your link I get a page not found. Do you have another link so we can test this. Thanks.
    Can I set a schedule as before? If I turn my computer off and turn back on, do I need to log back in or will it occur automatically as before? Does the URL change from day to day? Will this log out after an hour or so like another solution mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    When I select your link I get a page not found. Do you have another link so we can test this. Thanks.
    Um...localhost is your own machine (127.0.0.1)...that link would only work if you had the XMTuner service running on your own machine. (Also, if you're running Firefox with the NoScript plugin, you'll get an ABE filter error clicking on it.)

That is, assuming you left the default port alone, run the XMTuner service after configuring with valid XM or Sirius credentials, then connect to that service's webpage. On that page are all the channels, with a "Play! link to the far right. But that page can only display if you have the server or the service running.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    Thank You DaCoach!!!
    This is working SWEET!!!!!!
    After setting up my config's for XMTuner, I just run XMTuner Service control in the background, copy -n- paste the URL from XMTuner like you said to Reply A/V & let Replay A/V operate per schedule.

Thank You so much again DaCoach!!!!
    I wish I could take credit, but but it was Applian who posted the info about XMTuner.

Either way, I am glad it is working for you guys! Never realized how much I love the functionality of this program until Sirus changed the login (again). :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazz View Post
    Can I set a schedule as before? If I turn my computer off and turn back on, do I need to log back in or will it occur automatically as before? Does the URL change from day to day? Will this log out after an hour or so like another solution mentioned?
    Wow. Take a deep breath. Exhale. There. Feel better?

Yes, you can set a schedule, but not as before (you don't set Replay A/V to record Sirius, you set it to record the output of XMTuner). No, you don't log back in, the XM Tuner service does it for you (this is really not the place to get support for that; read the pages at the link to the XM Tuner so you understand what it does). The URI doesn't change, since you don't directly interface with SiriusXM (again, read the pages that describe what XMTuner actually is). Since I mentioned earlier that I had, at the time of posting, recorded 2:50 of a three hour recording, it seems silly to ask if it will log you out in an hour.

Why don't you spend three or four minutes following the directions Cheryl posted; download, install and configure the app, set a recording, and just try it?

Seriously, a little light reading so you understand what XMTuner is will save you much frustration, and answer many of your questions as a bonus.

As I said several pages back, I've used XMTuner since it was created (back when xamp stopped working for the last time), I have set it up as coach suggested (normally I use it to get my xm stream to ORB so I can listen on my blackberry) and I am sure it will work fine tomorrow when my shows come on to be recorded.

The one thing to keep in mind is that, at least for me, the xmtuner server occasionally loses its connection to xm/sirius. It isn't a 'time out' thing - it can run fine for me for a week - and then I'll notice I can't connect (using my blackberry) and when I check the machine the service is running on the log reports that the connection to the xm/sirius has been lost and I have to stop and restart the service.

So if the recordings are important to you - I would suggest you check the xmtuner service at least once a day to make sure your connection is still working correctly. Maximize the xmtuner window, click on the 'service log' tab and scroll down to make sure you don't have an error at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieSummers View Post
    I add my thanks...that's kinda awesome. What I don't understand is how it stream-records...I did a test to record stream and convert to nothing, and I get a 128kbps (WMP naturally reports a 127kbps) ASF file out the back end.

But, frankly, I do not care how, I'm back time-shifting The Bob Edwards Show! Your advice almost makes up for my XM radio being stolen out of the car overnight last night!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieSummers View Post
    I add my thanks...that's kinda awesome. What I don't understand is how it stream-records...I did a test to record stream and convert to nothing, and I get a 128kbps (WMP naturally reports a 127kbps) ASF file out the back end.

But, frankly, I do not care how, I'm back time-shifting The Bob Edwards Show! Your advice almost makes up for my XM radio being stolen out of the car overnight last night!
    Can't steal the credit, Applian came up with this temp work around. I just repeated it here in the forums along with my experience of getting it to work.

As for how it works - in layman's terms, XMtuner serves as the middle man. XMTuner is a freeware project and they posted their SiriusXM login fix on Saturday. One of the functions that XMTuner provides is to authenticate your login and act as a local 'server' to provide fresh unencrypted URLs to devices on your LAN. The device might be another computer or an Internet radio . . . or in this case, ReplayAV.

So there is SiriusXM serving their content --> you connect to SiriusXM by logging in using XMTuner --> XMTuner acting as a LAN server then creates a new URL for the Sirius or XM channel you are interested iin listening to or recording --> you copy that new URL and paste it into "Shows - Add Show Manually" - then configure the Schedule Tab.

I do not see XMTuner running as a service on my computer (Win7). So if your computer reboots it likely won't automatically restart the XMTuner server. You can however Copy the program icon to the Startup folder on your Start menu. It's a small program so it shouldn't cause any noticeable slow down during boots. I'm not yet sure if the URL's that XMTuner feeds to your LAN will change after reboot.

I'm sure Applian will have a more permanent update at some point, but for now this is working just fine for me.

"I do not see XMTuner running as a service on my computer (Win7). So if your computer reboots it likely won't automatically restart the XMTuner server. You can however Copy the program icon to the Startup folder on your Start menu. It's a small program so it shouldn't cause any noticeable slow down. I'm not yet sure if the URL's that XMTuner feeds to your LAN will change after reboot."

That's helpful. Thank you.

Please, please explain with more detail. "Just open the web page" What web page? Please explain step by step. What the hell is a URI? Do I open the Service Control application BEFORE opening 'the web page.' Huh?
    I wasn't sure what Charlie was referring to at first either, but now I know what he was saying.

When you first launch XMTuner, you need to add your login credentials. Also make sure Default to High Bandwidth Stream and Auto Login are checked. On the UI Tab, be sure that "Show URL Builder" is selected (more on that in a moment). Save Configuration. Once the XMTuner Program is logged in, it should default to the Log Tab. In the bottom right hand corner you will see a link in blue writing "Server is Running". If you click on that it brings up a web page with the channel listing and whats currently on. Thats what Charlie was originally referring to.

But to me its far easier to click on the Channels Tab, scroll to the Station you desire and left click on it once. You will notice that a URL has now populated the text box next to the "Copy" button. Simply click on "Copy" and that's the URL for that station that you will paste in ReplayAV "Shows - Configure Show Manually" to set up your scheduled recording. (Note: to get the right URL from XMTuner for your recording, make sure the drop-down boxes to the left of the URL text box have Channel/HTTP/High selected respectively)

"I do not see XMTuner running as a service on my computer (Win7). So if your computer reboots it likely won't automatically restart the XMTuner server. You can however Copy the program icon to the Startup folder on your Start menu. It's a small program so it shouldn't cause any noticeable slow down. I'm not yet sure if the URL's that XMTuner feeds to your LAN will change after reboot."

That's helpful. Thank you.
    Not to inject confusion, but for the more adventurous - XMTuner CAN be run as a service. In the XM Tuner program folder there is a small program that helps set up and start XMTuner as a service, HOWEVER - I just attempted to do so and I was unsuccessful in getting a streaming feed to record from. So for now, just stay with what works. Run XMTuner as a regular program (by either starting it manually or adding the icon to your startup for folder). Use the URL builder to copy the URL of the Sirius or XM Channel you want to record and you know the rest!

Using XMTuner is a great workaround until a fix is made. It seems complicated from reading this thread but it's pretty easy. I just ran a 10 minute test. XMTuner logs you in to sirius or XM and provides a channel guide. Select the channel from the the channel tab and copy the url provided by xmtuner. Use the copied url in Replay AV8 when adding a manual recording.

I'll leave XMTuner running, add it to the start menu or make it a scheduled event. Should work fine for now but I look forward to the Replay AV8 fix.