Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: (Solutions only) XM or Sirius Login issue - error: unable to connect to login site.

Default Re: XM or Sirius Login issue - error: unable to connect to login site

Just another thought on the whole legal or illegal thing......

My DVR from my cable company can do what your software does for my Satellite/Internet/Smart Phone Radio listening needs..... They are both subscription based companies(my cable and sirius), basically if you can hear the stream, you are a paying customer, does it matter? Are we doing something wrong?

After all we are still listening to the commercials/Ads and thats what keeps the broadcasters in business.

I don’t think it’s illegal to record from Sirius. As long as the recordings are for your personal use, it’s legal. But when you sign up for the service I think you have to agree to abide by their rules, which include a provision that prohibits you from recording content. The only exception is recording using approved equipment like a Stiletto or S50. Those devices record in a proprietary format that Windows does not recognize. So you can’t import the files into your computer and put them on an iPod. Although I think software exists that gets around this. If I understand what the Applian people are saying, Sirius has changed the way they stream. The streams are now encrypted and it is illegal to sell software that de-crypts the stream. So the fixed software will record from the speakers.

I have three mp3 players with in-line recording that I can jack into my XM radio,computer, squeezebox, cell phone etc, and record all I want. Sirius/XM can't stop that.....What made Replay Av8 nice was to record mulitple channels at once with the timers (that I will miss). PLUS SIDE: I just recorded XM for three hours off their stream using REPLAY MEDIA CATCHER and it sounds fantastic. * C.CRANE WITNESS SELLS A
    MP3 PLAYER
    THAT RECORDS VIA IN-LINE AND HAS A TIMER. You could jack it into your
    computer (keeping the Sirius/XM online site open) and it would set to record at a given time.

I have a Crane and its predecessor, Radio Your Way. They work well. Sirius can't stop us from recording, but we're not supposed to do it. The only problem with the mp3 recorders is that when you hook them up to the satellite radios, you still get all the dropouts the radios get. That's what drove me to Applian in the first place. I have three Sirius radios and when the weather is bad all three of them experience interruptions. I hope the new version of Replay will retain most of the nice features of the Sirius stream recorder (timers, automatic logins, ability to record for extended periods, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by mr pink View Post
    PLUS SIDE: I just recorded XM for three hours off their stream using REPLAY MEDIA CATCHER and it sounds fantastic.
    How are you doing that? If I use the latest Media Catcher to try to record siruisxm, Media Catcher notices the signal but then immediately says "Complete with Errors" two times each time I try to record.

thanks,

Ed

Guy's, log into you XMSirus account & click -n- drag the url (https://www.siriusxm.com/player/) to your replaya/v 8
    Right click on the "new station" & select "Properties"
    Make sure you select "Capture by recording audio output" in the edit show properties dialog box.
    Once you have adjusted your settings, select "Tune to Station"
    The Reply Tuner window will direct you to the login screen
    Just fill out the login fields with you username & password & ReplayA/V will connect

That's the best we can do for now until there is an upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Timmy View Post
    I don’t think it’s illegal to record from Sirius.
    Ignoring that it is a violation of your Terms of Service (and so a violation of civil contract law) to record Sirius, that isn't what Jeff meant when he said, "illegal to STREAM record."

It is illegal (that is, a violation of law punishable by criminal penalties, specifically the Digital Millenium Copyright Act) for Applian to write and provide software that will perform unauthorized decryption of an encrypted audio or video stream. My guess is that the programmers there are capable of it, but are constrained by the legal department from making this software available. Please read their legal faq for their position on this. (And perform a web search for "Applian and Adobe" to get an overview on the last time an Applian application decrypted a secure RTMP stream.)

IMNAL, so I strongly urge you to pay an attorney versed in this area of the law for a definitive opinion, but you can't fault Applian for trying to work around the issue by recording the already-decrypted analog instead of decrypting the stream. I don't like it any more than you do (probably a good bit less, since there are already alternate sources for HooHoo's channel but not for the less juvenile original programming), but there it is. We're stuck with what Applian can do given their legal restraints, unless someone here is able and willing to intentionally violate the DMCA by writing their own stream decrypter.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the congresscritters who are in the pockets of big media and passed such a consumer-unfriendly law.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
    Guy's, log into you XMSirus account & click -n- drag the url (https://www.siriusxm.com/player/) to your replaya/v 8
    Right click on the "new station" & select "Properties"
    Make sure you select "Capture by recording audio output" in the edit show properties dialog box.
    Once you have adjusted your settings, select "Tune to Station"
    The Reply Tuner window will direct you to the login screen
    Just fill out the login fields with you username & password & ReplayA/V will connect

That's the best we can do for now until there is an upgrade
    I did this and I still got the couldn't parse error. I used the url of the sirius player that was playing the station I wanted. when I tried to click "tune to station" i got the parse error. Can you help me?

Click -n- drag the url to Replay A/V
    Log out of your XMSirus account
    Open the "Properties" dialog box
    Click "Basic" tab & select "Mp3" in "Record to this Format" text box
    Click "Recording" tab & select "Capture by recording audio output (Speakers, Mic, Line in)
    Select "General Streaming Audio" in the "Type" text box
    Select "OK" & return to Replay A/V dialog box
    Right click on your show & select "Tune to Station"
    The Replay Tuner should open & you should see your login screen
    Log on
    Right click when you hear sound on your show & select "Stop Record/Download

This works fine for me

Good Luck