Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: (Solutions only) XM or Sirius Login issue - error: unable to connect to login site.

Default Re: XM or Sirius Login issue - error: unable to connect to login site

I've been using this work around since the issue came up, without any problem. I don't know or care what the log says as long as what I wanted captured is captured. Charlie has done a lot of research, and if you read through the thread here from the beginning, I think he explains what the problem is. Now, if I had just purchased Replay AV and it stopped working I might be a little annoyed, but I've been using it for probably close to 2 years now, and it has been great. If it stops working tomorrow through XM Tuner, then I'd have to say I got my money's worth. Now, maybe they should change the website to reflect the tenuos nature of the softwre's ability to actually record Sirius streams, but that's just one thing they claim to be able to do. Either way, as Charlie has said, you're violating your Sirius XM user agreement by recording in the first place, even if its just for your personal use.

Quote Originally Posted by DVoeltz View Post
    Anyone having problems recording this morning (4/11/2011)? I'm running this on two computers so I have a back up and this morning, both failed to record from XM202. I restarted XM Tuner and AV but no luck. Couldn't even get any sound when I tried to play the show directly using XM tuner. I can log onto XM and get it to play using their player. Has the plug been pulled on us?
    Try changing the URL builder from HTTP to MMS.

Hask

I don't see 202 in the channel list in XMTuner. I'm testing other stations and they are working without an issue. Have you tried a different station. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DVoeltz View Post
    Anyone having problems recording this morning (4/11/2011)?
    Nope; worked fine for me yesterday and this morning. But since I don't record 202, I'd suggest there was an issue with that channel yesterday on the old Akamai streams that XM Tuner accesses (but not on the flash-based new streams). Is it working this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    I don't see 202 in the channel list in XMTuner.
    You're looking at Sirius OnLine; The Virus is on 202 on the XM streamset. The online services try to mirror the channel lineup of the satellite service to which one subscribes; if you get a 7-day demo account for XM instead of Sirius, you'll see the XM channel lineup which includes The Virus on 202 (and 133 is XM Public Radio, home of The Bob Edwards Show).

Edit: Just checked, and 202 is working this morning. Guess it was a transient error.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffmc4 View Post
    If it stops working tomorrow through XM Tuner, then I'd have to say I got my money's worth.
    Bam, you got it. Dunzo Pal. 4/15/11 11:59pm..... thats when it stopped for me I think.... have not been able to login to siriusxm through either software the Replay AV and the XM Tuner I started this thread some time ago, it has about 75,000 views......this looks like the end???????

In testing it is working and recording for me at the present time.

None of my shows recorded this morning. XMtuner is running but every channel I tune to gives message "error fetching stream. See log for more details." Log has no additional details. Anyone know what's up?

Default Re: (Solutions only) XM or Sirius Login issue - error: unable to connect to login site.

Seems to be working now.

Default Re: (Solutions only) XM or Sirius Login issue - error: unable to connect to login site.

Quote Originally Posted by thilt View Post
    Seems to be working now.
    Yeah, you need to routinely restart the XMTuner. I use the service, but the app shouldn't be particularly different; the log file (especially with the 404's constantly added to it) gets rather large, and XMTuner seems particularly susceptible to disk issues like large files, small free space, etc.

I try to restart the server every morning. This morning I forgot, and checking the XMTuner Service Control the server had turned itself off. Manually restarting it and then starting the recording manually solved that problem (although this morning's recording started a few minutes' late).

And, of course, it's Windows, so for those of us who keep our machines busy, it's always a good idea to restart the entire computer every few days.

Any time I get frustrated because a recording starts late, I remember the old bromide: "The miracle isn't how well the bear dances, it's that the bear dances at all."
    Last edited by CharlieSummers; 04-18-2011 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Fix typo.

I don't suppose anyone knows if the channel numbers are going to be changing on the old streams we're currently using...?