Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: (Solutions only) XM or Sirius Login issue - error: unable to connect to login site.

Default (Solutions only) XM or Sirius Login issue - error: unable to connect to login site.

Is anyone else having trouble with XM or Sirius loggin in today, mine just stopped working, I leave it on 24 hours a day.

It records some shows for later playback, and now today, I get the error

error: unable to connect to login site|

Anyone else having this issue, I call XM, my name and password are correct, so went to the xm website to test my login info there, it worked fine.

I also noticed that the website for XM and Sirius has changed to Siriusxm.com, does this make a difference.

Default Re: XM or Sirius Login issue - error: unable to connect to login site

We are aware of this issue and looking into it. When we have an update I will post it on this forum. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by phirschybar View Post
    However, the new login page is built in Flex, a Flash based framework.
    Yes, but as I mentioned in a previous post, the old login is still available. (At least I entered the Sirius version of the HTML-based login earlier today.)

Anyone know if other applications are having the same issues? Have any of the others released updates for the changes?

Charlie, that old Sirius Player link will still work because it is being forwarded to the new SiriusXM.com domain and login page. You are not really going to Sirius.com anymore when you use that link because when Sirius.com server recieves that request it automatically sends you to SiriusXM.com

Quote Originally Posted by DaCoach View Post
    Charlie, that old Sirius Player link will still work because it is being forwarded to the new SiriusXM.com domain
    Um, with due respect, no, I'm not being redirected anywhere; I have an HTML page from sirius.com with no redirect. It does obviously get the stream from http://a570.l2280061149.c22800.g.lm....et/bla-bla-bla, but the page I am receiving is coming directly from sirius.com. (Because I am currently recording the system sound with [a non-Applian application] on the XMPR [s]chanell[/s] channel, some of the javascript variables are actually pointing to xmradio.com, not sirius.com, as in:

Code:
    var appContext = '/player';
    var appHostUrlXM='http://www.xmradio.com';
    var secureHostURLXM='https://www.xmradio.com';
    I'll be more than happy to provide you with the source of the page once I remove personal data. I am accepting javascript from sirius.com, and am not accepting javascript from akamaistream.net (or any google machine, but that's a given around here). This probably explains why I don't have a volume control on the player, when the code is clearly asking for /mp/sirius/scripts/volume.js (although I would have assumed that was on the sirius.com server based on the relative URI). I can't log-out, either, not without dumping all the sirius.com cookies and reloading the page. Also just checked, no siriusxm.com cookies, although I can't remember if I'm blocking them.

This is exactly the same page I've always received when testing; no new whiz-bang flash stuff, just stock HTML/javascript, excluding the player itself. (*sigh*) But I suppose I'll need to post an URL Snooper trace to prove it...or, I could (indeed did) just stick siriusxm.com and www.siriusxm.com in my hosts file pointing to localhost...will that suffice?

With respect to the login issue the siriusxmstreamer at

http://www.permanence.com/sirius/

has found a solution

Hey Folks

We've got an update on the RECORDING issue some of you have been having with Sirius/Xm.

Our programmer confirmed it is RTMPE (encrypted - and illegal to STREAM record). Actually, they are using every trick in the book to encrypt these streams: RTMPE, SWF Verification and https. It's quite a piece of work.

Our programmer is almost done with a tuner program that will allow us to use audio recording on Sirius/XM.

More soon...
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Just realized I can record audio steam of sirius/xm online using replay media catcher's audio recorder...(recording what you hear through your speakers)...the sound is fantastic. Still miss my REPLAY AV with timers but this works for now. As I stated before when Applian fixes the problem with REPLAY AV Sirius/XM will sound great...their online sound is 100% better.

I have the same problem but wondered is there a way to sign in and record from the speakers on the sound card?

I am a bit tired of Sirisu / Xm after their merger and now no competition they seem pretty smug... if this can't be fixed I am dumping them, their programing is now all talking through music and just like free stations.... I went throught this issue last fall and it makes me very mad.

The question is out here.. and I would like to know if it is still going to be possible to schedule a recording of sirius or xm?
    Being able to record for later playback is not illegal, is it?
    Being able to record more than 4 hours is also a must, unattended I might add.

This software is great for people that actually work and have a life, being able to schedule a recording to take place and actually record it for over 4 hours at a time is the most important thing about this software.

I dont know what most of you do with this software, but I record howard stern so I can listen to it later........ satellites, Internet, or cell phone signals are not an option. Not even howard TV.

I convert it to mp3, its dated, and I listen about a day after the live shows.

Applian, I beg of you, I know there is no problem in recording from the audio out of my PC, but please make it work so that a SiriusXM channel can be recorded for long periods of time. PLEASE.