Thread: Freecorder 4 problem: only records for 60 seconds

Default Freecorder 4 problem: only records for 60 seconds

Hi Forum Members,
    I have been using Freecorder quite successfully for about 1 month with Mozilla 3.6 and Internet Explorer and then all of a sudden it only records for 60 seconds.
    Can anyone help please. It is a great program and I really like it.
    Cheers Rwa90642

Default Re: Freecorder 4 problem: only records for 60 seconds

Hi Rwa

Welcome to the forum. Does this happen with EVERY file you try to record, or just certain ones from certain sites?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Yes Jeff,
    it does with all sites - sewing video's and it happens with IE 8 and Firefox 3.6, I don't use any other browsers. I really like the program, It is easy to use.
    I was thinking it was because I am using the free version but it seems that is all there is
    Cheers Robin

Good evening Jeff,
    I have discovvered a bit more tonight. I have dowloaded 3 small video's using Firefox and they have gone to two places, the ones that went to My Documents/Freecorder 4 file were only partial - 1 was 50 secs, one was 36 secs and another was 1min 7 secs. The total videos were about 1.3 min each. But I found they were also going to another place C/Documents & Settings/User/Local Settings/Application Data/FLV Service, these ran full time.
    Weird eh.
    Cheers Robin:

Quote Originally Posted by rwa90642 View Post
    Good evening Jeff,
    I have discovvered a bit more tonight. I have dowloaded 3 small video's using Firefox and they have gone to two places, the ones that went to My Documents/Freecorder 4 file were only partial - 1 was 50 secs, one was 36 secs and another was 1min 7 secs. The total videos were about 1.3 min each. But I found they were also going to another place C/Documents & Settings/User/Local Settings/Application Data/FLV Service, these ran full time.
    Weird eh.
    Cheers Robin:
    Hi Robin - quite strange indeed. Are you having better luck now using the new recording location? Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Sorry Jeff,
    I didn't get back to you quickly. Your site wouldn't work properly for a while. I am getting on just fine now that I found it was also going to the FLV Service file. I just change the file extension from .bin to .flv and it works just fine. I have updated Mozilla and it still is not working any longer than 60 secs going to Freecorder 4 - My Documents foler. It sure is a strange one but I am coping now. Thanks.
    Byeeeee Rwa90642

No worries on the response time. Thanks for the follow up and i'm glad it's working for ya now!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Default Freecorder 4 problem: only records a few seconds and stop..starts..stops..etc...

Well I have the same problem when recording sounds with freecorder 4. I am recording from a language podcast and the recording is hashed into a great number of very small recordings without any continuity; in other words instead of going on smoothly the recording stops whenever the speaker goes from one phrase to another and of course lowers his voice. The strange thing is that the first time I recorded the first Podcast lesson it went on nicely and I got the whole recording which only stopped when I clicked on the stop button..since then no way to record in continuity. I understand freecorder is sound sensitive and only starts up when one sound gets out of the sound card but normally this sensitivity should switch off as soon as the recording starts and the recording should only be monitored by the stop button...but this is not the case?? I really don't know what to do as freecorder sounded to me the most practical program for what I need