Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RMC 4.1.6.0 recording YouTube clips in 2MB chunks

Default Re: RMC 4.1.6.0 recording YouTube clips in 2MB chunks

Tried the first link only. Didn't have any problem downloading the 360p and the 1080p versions of the video.

p.s. I'm using RMC 4.1.9 beta in Windows 7 x64.

Quote Originally Posted by demotester View Post
    then i would assume that the problem has its origin in your system, and not necessarily in RMC or in Youtube. This is of course just an assumption. The point is: it is easy to verify whether this assumption is true or false (wrong). Ask me how.
    How: Do what i did .. Re-install a new windows system from scratch!
    Okay, here "personal question": When WAS the last time that you had re-installed a new windows? (with Windows BootCD, etc.)

No kidding. A fresh, ultra-clean Windows system resolves maaaany problems. And i would bet my demo license that it solved all your download chunk issues as well. Just look at meee! :

How: Do what i did .. Re-install a new windows system from scratch!
    Okay, here "personal question": When WAS the last time that you had re-installed a new windows? (with Windows BootCD, etc.)

No kidding. A fresh, ultra-clean Windows system resolves maaaany problems. And i would bet my demo license that it solved all your download chunk issues as well. Just look at meee! :
    well... the last time i re-installed a new windows (on the affected pc) was... never. the last time i restored my preloaded vista from its recovery partition was when i upgraded my laptop hard drive which was (let me check my windows update history) feb 2008 and had me jumping through so many hoops i thought i was going to have to join a circus.

please don't get me wrong, demotester, i am seriously grateful for the attention you have shown this matter, though i think i might wait and see what applian technical support have to say before wielding that particular sledge-hammer. thanks again. you may very well be proved right in the end

you have 2 machines? the affected desktop pc, and then some laptop. i see. at least you know how to re-install windows: the recovery partition is exactly what i did (i have burned my own hdd image onto dvd+r). as you know, re-installing with image takes only 1 or 2mins. after that one has to reinstall all the applications (M$ Office, foobar2000, etc.) which takes some efforts. if time is an issue and if this matter is important, then the restoring of images is 1. the fastest, 2. the safest, and 3. the fairest strategy to approach it. On the other hand, if the matter is not really important (low priority) plus if time isnt an issue (because the issue is unimportant), then we (the public of this forum) can wait together and see how fast tech support resolves the whole matter.

It is an interesting case. i'll stay tuned.

you have 2 machines? the affected desktop pc, and then some laptop. i see...
    to clarify, the affected pc and the laptop are one and the same machine. i was just using pc as a generic term for personal computer. i did not mean to imply it was a separate desktop computer. and at the moment, the issue is not critical to me because, as i made clear, youtube is not my only source of music videos and movie trailers, and it is the only site that the "phenomenon" affects.

personally, i would rather tech support point out some simple error on my part than have to speculatively rebuild my otherwise stable system (a rare thing in vista terms.)

thanks again for your interest.

If you like tech support to reply, submit a support ticket and include your log.
    https://forum.applian.com/showthread...stomer-Service

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    If you like tech support to reply, submit a support ticket and include your log.
    https://forum.applian.com/showthread...stomer-Service
    thanks, already done. just waiting for a response.

am waiting wiv you

I am having the same problem. Using Internet Explorer I can only get 2mb chunks on Youtube. I have tried about 40 videos and it does the same thing on all of them. This just started happening a few days ago. So it is definitely either Youtube or RMC.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel1120 View Post
    I am having the same problem. Using Internet Explorer I can only get 2mb chunks on Youtube. I have tried about 40 videos and it does the same thing on all of them. This just started happening a few days ago. So it is definitely either Youtube or RMC.
    diesel1120, thank you so much for your contribution. i was beginning to wonder why i was apparently the only one to be experiencing problems? my best guess is that youtube is doing something different that rmc cannot deal with, because it only started a week ago, and youtube is the only source of streamed media that i have so far discovered to be affected. had i known that i was not the only customer affected i would have set the ticket priority on my request for technical support higher than medium. as it is, i see that 0min have been spent on dealing with my request which was made 3 days ago. if you would consider making your own request for technical support, i would suggest setting the priority to high, and referring them to this thread, as i did. thanks, again.

ps. the fact that not everyone is affected may simply be an indication that youtube servers in different territories stream data in different ways, or that different versions of adobe flash player are involved, mine being 10.2.154.25 for Chrome 10.0.648.204 for Windows.
    Last edited by minipc; 04-07-2011 at 12:54 PM.