Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freecorder Installation Problems: looked at >view >>toolbars and it simply isn't there

Default Re: Freecorder Installation Problems

I'm having the exact same problem have followed instructions and am having no luck I am running FF8 on Vista have turned off uac cannot think of anything else to do

Default Re: Freecorder Installation Problems: looked at >view >>toolbars and it simply isn't there

Hi, I too have followed the uninstall and reinstall directions not just once, but several times. I had it installed previously, had a new hard drive and bits and bobs and now it appears to install but no toolbar appears. It is visible in the add ons/extensions list and is enabled.

Vista 32bit, AVG Anti Virus (disabled during installation)

During installation I went for custom installation and didn't let it change my home page/search provider or install the auto-complete option. I didn't download the flv player either as I already use VLC.

Seems there is a problem...

I would encourage other users having this issue to register for the forums and post too, or applian won't know the problem still exists.

Default Re: Freecorder Installation Problems: looked at >view >>toolbars and it simply isn't there

I, too, cannot see the Toolbar for Freecorder when using Firefox. I am using Firefox v. 13.0 and Freecorder 5. I have tried uninstalling Freecorder/Freecorder toolbar and reinstalling it. I have followed the instructions provided by Applian reps on this forum and those instructions are perfectly worthless. I would gladly use an early version of Freecorder if it works, but when I try to download Freecorder v. 4 it automatically downloads v. 5

For the moment I will just use IE but I prefer FF.

This OFTEN happens after a major IE Update - try reverting to the previous version of IE - otherwise this should fix itself in the next week or SO

In the meantime, you can also use firefox
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I never use IE Jeff, and always use Firefox or Chrome. I installed it on Firefox and what I said above applies. This isn't an IE problem.

I still have the blank Freecorder toolbar on Firefox so I checked my IE and the toolbar was there! However I just restarted my computer and check Internet Explorer again, and now it's no longer there....

siiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhh

EDIT: Well I might have found a quick fix: I went into the Freecorder Folder in my program files and double-clicked on the XML file "ToolbarContextMenu" that opened up a browser window where the toolbar was included...

It worked in IE, but not FF.
    Last edited by seibpa; 05-27-2012 at 02:41 AM.