Thread: Freecorder/applian sucks sooooooo bad

Default Freecorder/applian sucks sooooooo bad

This is nothing more than a bunch of malicious software that is nearly impossible to remove and the company won't even provide a phone number to remove this program or talk to anyone. This is a bunch of crap. I keep getting redirects for webpages that are perfectly harmless and used to work just fine before applian. What gives?

Default Re: Freecorder/applian sucks sooooooo bad

Hi Big Craig

We are not "hijacking" your homepage.

Let me clarify, Conduit is no longer using Google, they have decided to use Bing. We have no control over this, I would recommend contacting Conduit aboiut this aspect of the issue.

This toolbar component is developed by Conduit. Conduit is the company that provides us with the toolbar we use for our recording technology.

You can contact their support directly here: [email protected]

We find it is easier for the customer to deal with them direct as sometimes they require to connect remotely.

Secondly, when you download Freecorder, you are asked if you would like to change/keep your homepage. If you did not select this option, you can change your homepage through your browser.

If you wish to disable any of the specific add-ons on the toolbar, Please right click in the area NEXT to the freecorder toolbar, and select "toolbar options".

Next, select 'predefined components' and you'll be able to remove any icon you wish by simple un-checking it and saving the settings.

Let me know how it goes!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Sorry to hear this bigcraig79. I've known few users with good experience on this software. If you could do the steps above, it should be able to help you out. I was able to duplicate the issue here from my end.

Yes, the world would be more nice if what you said was true Mr. Jeff.
    Firstly, what you offer depends on Conduit, you say, may be you are interested in what your clients donīt like of what comes from there?
    Secondly: When you install Freecorder toolbar, you can chose disabling the two options about homepage and stuff.
    That didnīt work. Not even on other pcs. So there you are compleatly wrong, that feature/option never works and Iīm forced to disable it again through my browser.
    Actually, that doesnīt work eather, nut until next time I use my browser.
    Thirdly: Iīm forced to occupie space for the Search-box and the "Go to Freecorder 4 help page-button", no matter if Iīve unchecked all other options from "Predefined Components".
    In other words, Iīve unabled all options, except Online radioplayer and still Iīm forced to use too much space of my toolbarline for all what is left, which is: X, "Go to Freecorder 4 help page-button", search-line, dropdown-arrow, search-arrow and dropdown-arrow.
    To explain better with pictures (I hope you can see them): https://sites.google.com/site/ethnic...2010-50-15.png
    https://sites.google.com/site/ethnic...2011-03-18.png
    Hopefully Iīm wrong about if it is possible to remove all but the radiostation buttoms from the toolbar?
    If any of you who reads this, knows a way, please respond.