Thread: Freecorder Installation Problems: looked at >view >>toolbars and it simply isn't there

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Freecorder Installation Problems: looked at >view >>toolbars and it simply isn't there

Ok, I've downloaded the exe setup file, ran it with all of my browsers closed, selected all of the correct options, and still I cannot see the bar. It is not installed in either of my browsers. I use the latest IE and Firefox in windows 7. I have looked at >view >>toolbars and it simply isn't there. So I restarted and still nothing. Tried installing again, still nothing. About to give up on this. What am I doing wrong???

Default Re: Freecorder Installation Problems

Hi Kaptn,

I'm going to check with a co-worker and ask for her feedback on this one. You should hear from one of us shortly.

Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Just like the member: thekaptn who posted above I downloaded Freecorder 5 with the toolbar and it just is not on my browser. In My computer C\Program Files it shows Freecorder files the and also the toolbar files there?

What can I do?

Thanks
    FEB

Please uninstall, reboot and reinstall Freecorder from the link below:
    http://www.applian.com/freecorder4/download.php

Also, here is a link to properly uninstall Freecorder:
    http://www.applian.com/freecorder4/s....php#uninstall
    Please make sure that you have administrative rights and that you disable any anti virus software you are running while installing Freecorder.

Lastly, please make sure that Freecorder toolbar is enabled in your Firefox browser.

Let us know if this helps!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Freecorder Installation Problems: looked at >view >>toolbars and it simply isn't there

Hi!

I have the exact same problem that the guy above me has. I'm running Firefox 4 and I've tried the process you outline and still, zilch.

Any help would be great!

Fael

Default Re: Freecorder Installation Problems: looked at >view >>toolbars and it simply isn't there

hi i can see my tool bar but after about 15 seconds of having firefox 4 or any firefox open, i cant click anything. everytime i do click it sounds like a muffled beep???? HELP!!!!!! please i love the product i just wish it would start woking again.

PS freecorder 4 ran just fine until i upgraded to freecorder 5. is there a way i can use freecorder 4 and not have it pop up with a new tab saying upgrade. i also have freecorder 3.09 or something right now and it doesnt stop me from clicking but when i click record it says upgrade in a new tab... it's annoying.

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Please uninstall, reboot and reinstall Freecorder from the link below:
    http://www.applian.com/freecorder4/download.php

Also, here is a link to properly uninstall Freecorder:
    http://www.applian.com/freecorder4/s....php#uninstall
    Please make sure that you have administrative rights and that you disable any anti virus software you are running while installing Freecorder.

Lastly, please make sure that Freecorder toolbar is enabled in your Firefox browser.

Let us know if this helps!
    Have followed directions posted by Lenney at post #4 above; it did not resolve the problem. Judging from number of views for this page (800+), this is not an isolated problem. After installation, Freecorder toolbar DOES show in IE, but it is nowhere to be found in FF5. No combination of settings seems to help. I would note that if I click on "Audio Recorder for Freecorder" from the program list in Windows, it looks like it is opening, but nothing ever happens. I CAN open the "Freecorder Video History Tool" from the Windows program list, and that functions. But no audio tool and no toolbar no matter what I try. I have this same problem at home and work on FF5 with two different computers and two different OS (XP and 7).

I'm having the exact same problem have followed instructions and am having no luck I am running FF8 on Vista have turned off uac cannot think of anything else to do