Thread: No Toolbar in Firefox 3.6.15

Default No Toolbar in Firefox 3.6.15

This is concerning my work computer only, which I have admin rights on. Windows XP 32 bit SP3.

I have Freecorder 4 installed for FF 3.6.15 and it always creates a Start Menu folder and all the options work from there, but it refuses to put a toolbar in Firefox or even display the option under view>toolbars.

I choose not to install it for IE8, because IE is used for running MAXIMO and other company web based stuff and even when I turn it "off" under IE, it keeps showing back up after a while. So I left it out of IE altogether this time.

It was a clean installation this time, I searched the registry and made sure there were no references to Freecorder or the old installation of Ask&Record. And it installed well, no hanging up during the process, which has happened before.

Ask&Record used to work fine with the older versions of FF, but around 3.5 it stopped working correctly, so I switched to Freecorder, but never got the toolbar to work in the browser.

No problems at home with Win7 64 bit. The toolbar shows up in both IE8 & FF 3.6.15.

Default Re: No Toolbar in Firefox 3.6.15

If you can't see the toolbar on your browser:

1. Make sure the toolbar is selected in your list of browser toolbars. Select View > Toolbars at the top of your browser and then select the toolbar's name.
    2. If you still don't see the toolbar:
    * Confirm that your browser is compatible with our toolbar. (See Will the Applian Media toolbar work on my browser? )
    * Clear your browser's cache (See How do I clear my browser's cache? ) and cookies (See How do I clear my browser's cookies? ), reboot your computer, and then reinstall the toolbar.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    If you can't see the toolbar on your browser:

1. Make sure the toolbar is selected in your list of browser toolbars. Select View > Toolbars at the top of your browser and then select the toolbar's name.
    As I mentioned, "Freecorder Community Toolbar" isn't listed under the View>Toolbars of the browser on my work computer.

2. If you still don't see the toolbar:
    * Confirm that your browser is compatible with our toolbar. (See Will the Applian Media toolbar work on my browser? )
    * Clear your browser's cache (See How do I clear my browser's cache? ) and cookies (See How do I clear my browser's cookies? ), reboot your computer, and then reinstall the toolbar.
    I have the same version of Firefox at work as I do here at home 3.6.16 (now). I have Win7x64 at home and XP SP3 at work.
    Works fine at home on both FFx & IE, though I rarely use IE. I clear the entire history & cache of FFx at work daily

Thanks for clarifying AR - and sorry if I missed that the first time. :-)

Would you please un-install Freecorder, reboot your pc (important), and re-install it??

Detailed uninstall instructions can be found here: http://www.applian.com/faq-pro/index...11&id=80&lang=

Let me know how it goes!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I did everything and reinstalled Freecorder 5, and that seems to have done the trick.

There was only one item under Remove Programs instead of two, from the last installation.

Is the toolbar going to keep showing back up in IE, even though I have it "disabled" in there?