Thread: myfreecams.com: Not catching from Live Cam site

Post myfreecams.com: Not catching from Live Cam site

Catching with RMC4.1.16 from peekshows.com works perfectly... but when i try to catch Live Cams from myfreecams.com it doesn't work at all !!!

Is there anyone who managed to get content without problems or knows an solution ??

I tried various settings:
    - In default mode RTMP it downloads only a very short piece !
    (with auto resume on)

- In "record" mode it download the whole time .. but playback is only a short piece and then it freezes.
    Also when i want to convert the .flv to .avi or .mp4 it stops after a second with an error message.

Odd with this is also when i press the red button to green to stop starting recording from new opened windows it immediately stops all recordings that are in progress.

Hopefully there is an solution...

Default Re: myfreecams.com: Not catching from Live Cam site

Post Re: myfreecams.com: Not catching from Live Cam site

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    Try to fix your recorded FLV files
    I didn't mention it but after recording i did also "Fix Flv", but that didnt change anything.

But i just notice there is a diference in clicking 'fix duration' and expanding the time set section...
    After expanding and clicking (not making chances) the zero's from the list are changed to numbers.
    Making the flv itself atleast run from start to finish.
    Last edited by Arno; 03-23-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arno View Post
    I didn't mention it but after recording i did also "Fix Flv", but that didnt change anything.

But i just notice there is a diference in clicking 'fix duration' and expanding the time set section...
    After expanding and clicking (not making chances) the zero's from the list are changed to numbers.
    Making the flv itself atleast run from start to finish.
    After fixing time you should be able to play and convert.

Did it solve your problem or not?

Post Re: myfreecams.com: Not catching from Live Cam site

Did it solve your problem or not?
    It did improve playback !
    But still i think it would be best to have it download the stream instead of record.
    As it still has hick-ups (freezes).
    But with the download settings it only takes a short piece of the stream !

The good thing is that as it seams we have found 2 bugs:
    1. The RED/GREEN button stops all recordings
    2. The Fix FLV button 'fix duration' only works with selected drop down "file contents" and to click "Fix time".

It did improve playback !
    But still i think it would be best to have it download the stream instead of record.
    As it still has hick-ups (freezes).
    But with the download settings it only takes a short piece of the stream !
    Some streams are protected and can't be downloaded. I don't really know whether this is the case or not.

If you have hick-ups when recording while having smooth playback, then it is a good idea to submit a support ticket.

The good thing is that as it seams we have found 2 bugs:
    1. The RED/GREEN button stops all recordings
    It stops recordings in the RTMP recording mode.

2. The Fix FLV button 'fix duration' only works with selected drop down "file contents" and to click "Fix time".
    Some servers send wrong time stamp or don't send it at all. Not sure whether this can be fixed automatically or not.
    Since the developer fixes duration automatically, there should be reasons not to fix time the same way. Will ask the developer.

Okay i have been trying out things over the last few days...

I noticed that i did the wrong steps.. first fix duration and then click the fix time.
    When i do fix time first.. close , re-open and then fix duration it plays with a normal slider underneath from begin to end.

The value of 15 seems not to work for me !??! When i have it on 15 its very fast... so i had a look to the row of 0's and often they later in the list take of with an value around 50... so i am now taken that value what i see there...
    Which is often 46 or 47.
    But they start fast the first moment and then play "normal" (not sure if its the correct pace though )

I have it set to AUTO repair flv... what does this do when i still need to re-do ALL the FLV's with FixFlv ???

Further on the site.. someone disappears to a private session... on return it doesnt restart recording.
    But when returned from a group session it restarts recording again correctly...

Also another small thing... when i click on "in progress" you get the running streams... when some are stopped and fixed i want them out of the list and click on "in progress" again.. nothing happends...
    You must always step first to another item first and then return to "in progress"

Greets

The reply from the developer:
    1. Fix duration looks at all the timestamps in the file and creates the duration in the meta data.

2. Fix time sets the increment time for each tag based on the time specified (15 default) and then updates the duration in the meta data.

3. Auto repair just does #1 above automatically to every FLV downloaded that does not have a duration in its meta data.

4. RMC 4 picks up the start of streams. When a user returns from a private session there is not a start of stream sequence sent.

5. The in progress is by design. If items disappeared from here automatically when they finished downloading users would wonder what the hell had happened to the download they were watching.

3. Auto repair just does #1 above automatically
    Okay ... in that case there is an BUG in the auto repair as i must re-do the FixFlv in the steps

a. first do duration
    b. then close
    c. re-open FixFlv
    d. then do time

When i didn't do step b. 'close' there were times the slider didnt appear !

But also when i open the auto fixed file for the first time in FixFlv the list in the duration tab starts with a row of 0's !

5. The in progress is by design
    I think it was misunderstood... its good they dont disappear !
    But when i re-click on "In progress" it does nothing unless i first click another item.
    It would be "logical" when on re-click the non progress files would disappear !!

Greets

Arno

The best way to report a bug is to submit a support ticket and include your log. First to go Help -> About and enable the Debug mode. Then replicate the steps. Then go to Help -> About and click "Email logs to support"

As for new feature, I suggest you to tell about them in the Request New Features forum
    https://forum.applian.com/forumdispl...t-New-Features