This is concerning my work computer only, which I have admin rights on. Windows XP 32 bit SP3.

I have Freecorder 4 installed for FF 3.6.15 and it always creates a Start Menu folder and all the options work from there, but it refuses to put a toolbar in Firefox or even display the option under view>toolbars.

I choose not to install it for IE8, because IE is used for running MAXIMO and other company web based stuff and even when I turn it "off" under IE, it keeps showing back up after a while. So I left it out of IE altogether this time.

It was a clean installation this time, I searched the registry and made sure there were no references to Freecorder or the old installation of Ask&Record. And it installed well, no hanging up during the process, which has happened before.

Ask&Record used to work fine with the older versions of FF, but around 3.5 it stopped working correctly, so I switched to Freecorder, but never got the toolbar to work in the browser.

No problems at home with Win7 64 bit. The toolbar shows up in both IE8 & FF 3.6.15.