Thread: Capturing video from Moshcam.com

Default Capturing video from Moshcam.com

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I am somewhat of a newbie when it comes to video capture using Replay Media Catcher 4, but I have used other other video capture plugins in the past.

I decided to give RMC4 a try when I could not download streaming video from the website moshcam.com using my previous browser plugin methods. I'm finding that RMC4 isn't capturing the video either. When I set the program to record, it records the 15 second lead-in video (I think it's called a preroll) advertising Moshcam, but then will not capture the video I want that plays after it.

The performance I am trying to capture is located at

http://www.moshcam.com/bedouin-sound...hotel-829.aspx

Any helpful pointers would be really appreciated. Thanks again!

Default Re: Capturing video from Moshcam.com

First of all - At The Drive in is one of my FAVORITE bands of all time - so great taste in music. :-)

NOW - having said that - I took a look at this site and I wasn't able to record it either. What I DID use successfully was Replay Video Capture which worked fine. It's a screen capture video, which works a bit differently than RMC, but it did the job - and nicely.

Give it a shot - and let me know how it goes! :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hey Jeff. Thanks for the heads up about the other Applian program. I gave it a shot and it worked! However, I'm still at a bit of a loss as to what video resolution settings to use to get the whole concert. Could you give me some tips on setting the video settings? What's a good video bitrate and framerate to go with if I want the video to look about the same as it does on the Moshcam website? I had the settings up to their max and although the video looked the same, the filesize was massive.

Thanks again, and any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

-Allan

Hi Alan,

I'm happy to help, of course. RVC is a bit more resource heavy due to how it works. What OS is your pc, what type of processor do you have, and how's your ram situation?

To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture - especially on slower machines - try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Let me know if this makes a difference.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.