Thread: not working

Default not working

Have tried everything to get older version of freecorder 3 and freecorder 5 to work with no success
    Using windows vista home premium 64bit
    Can anyone one help to sort this out

Default Re: not working

Hi Steve

Would you mind going into more detail for me and telling me how exactly it's not working?

What operating system are you running?

Are you not able to load/launch the program at all?

Do you attempt to load it, get an error message only to have the software crash?

Are you able to get a video recording, but no audio? Or alternatively, get an audio recording with no video?

I'd love to help you get it working, but I do need some more information first. :-)

Thanks, and looking forward to your response.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hi Jeff

Using windows vista home premium 64bit
    i prefer to use freecorder3 but when i try to start a recording or even go into the setting it just says freecorder has stopped working and shuts down.
    Have tried uninstalling it and even tried frecorder 5 but even that wont work.
    Do none of the freecorder's work on a 64 bit system
    Last edited by steve1k; 12-20-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Hi, Freecorder 4 and 5 work on 64 bit just fine, 3 - i'm not sure. Sorry to hear you are having some troubles with Freecorder. Browser crashes are usually the result of another program clashing with Freecorder. Here is a list of things that we know can cause this problem:

Ad-Muncher
    LiveMesh
    CounterSpy
    SpySweeper
    ZoneAlarm
    CA Anti-Spyware Utility
    Comodo
    Vista Transformation Pack
    Net Nanny
    Threatfire
    Trusteer Rappoirt
    PCTools
    Avast
    If you have any of these or a similar app running on your computer, try shutting them down while Freecorder is running. If it is not one of the known apps this can be difficult to pinpoint.
    Another suggestion is to look for FLVsrvc.exe as a process in the windows Task Manager. If you find it, end that process.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.