Thread: RMC 4 does not record Silverlight streams (HTTP .wmv) from pluralsight-training.net

Exclamation RMC 4 does not record Silverlight streams (HTTP .wmv) from pluralsight-training.net

The online videos are WMV format and I view them in IE & WMP. While the vids are playing I can right click the vid choose properties and get the video URL and use the download tool to get the video file down to my computer manually. But I would like for RMC to detect that I am watching this video and automatically download it.

I tried configuring RMC to monitor the ports the videos were playing on but it seems like the videos would play on a random port. It would be nice if I could select a port range rather than having to specify a single port.

But I am not even sure if the port issue is the problem, what else could it be?

Default Re: RMC 4 does not detect to download Windows Media Video.

Specifically, Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: RMC 4 does not record Silverlight streams (HTTP .wmv) from pluralsight-training.net

_http://www.pluralsight-training.net/microsoft/olt/Course/Toc.aspx?n=jquery-fundamentals&wmp=true

These are available to the public for a limited time, otherwise you have to have a membership. I have a membership but I am sending the link to the free stuff so you can access it.

Any luck with this one Jeff?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Buku View Post
    Any luck with this one Jeff?
    Looks like this is a silverlight file. Unfortunatley, RMC is not able to record silverlight files. Few video providers use Silverlight, which is why there are no programs (yet) that can record those feeds via stream capture.

If you're looking to record some of these events and save them forever, the best program to use is Replay Video Capture. This on-screen recorder makes great quality videos from the Olympic feeds, and other silverlight video feeds as well.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: RMC 4 does not record Silverlight streams (HTTP .wmv) from pluralsight-training.net

Quote Originally Posted by 2Buku View Post
    _http://www.pluralsight-training.net/microsoft/olt/Course/Toc.aspx?n=jquery-fundamentals&wmp=true

These are available to the public for a limited time, otherwise you have to have a membership. I have a membership but I am sending the link to the free stuff so you can access it.
    I don't have access to paid content, but I tried some free videos. They use "binary/octet-stream" content type. Go to Tools->Settings->HTTP Download Tweaks and add the following "Content type/File extension":
    Code:
    binary/octet-stream
    WMV

I didn't have any problem downloading free HTTP .wmv videos from pluralsight-training.net after that

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Looks like this is a silverlight file. Unfortunatley, RMC is not able to record silverlight files. Few video providers use Silverlight, which is why there are no programs (yet) that can record those feeds via stream capture.
    This statement is wrong. RMC allows to download SmoothStreaming and Windows Media streams. It can't download DRM protected streams as well some other streams, but many streams can be perfectly downloaded by RMC.

Simply Awesome!

Thank you stream-recorder.com for looking into this. The site videos offer both Silverlight and WMP maybe Jeff did not see the selector option at the top of the page. Any ways it works like a charm now! I did not want to have to watch each video all the way through in order to record it, now I can just start each video and RMC handles the rest.

Thanks