Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Replay Media Catcher 4.0 - downloads stop premarurely

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher 4.0 - downloads stop premarurely

Quote Originally Posted by stucbrown View Post
    Thanks for the link to MediaInfo. I do not understand much of what is on the analysis, but I do know that the resolution between the 2 different files were 2 to 1. The better video pic from 3.11 was 1280x720. The worse video pic from 2.4.1 was 640x360. So I stand by my claim that they "fixed" the file size problem by downloading less digital information, rather than opening up the maximum buffer or file size, or whatever they may be limiting.
    So you say that you ran RMC 3.11 and RMC 4 simultaneously, and RMC 3.11 download the 1280x720 version while RMC downloaded the 640x360 version?
    Can you post the URL of the web-page as well as the URLs found with RMC 3.11 and RMC 4?

No you misunderstood - or I didn't state it correctly. I first downloaded the material using 3.11. Then after that, downloaded the same material again using 4.2.1.

Then I played them back simultaneously using 2 separate Applian flv players, watching them on my widescreen monitor. I fiddled with the timing until they were in sync, so I could do a side by side comparison. Yes the 3.11 downloaded 1280 x 720, and the 4.2.1 downloaded 640 x 360.

At a x1 setting, the 640 x 360 was half the size of the other. In order to compare I had to set it x2, making it grainier as you would expect.

That is an interesting idea - maybe I could start up both versions and download simult. But it would be very slow, and I am not sure what it would further prove.

The website requires a paid subscription.

Both RMC 3.11 and RMC 4 download or capture streams that you watch. If you play an SD/HD stream, you will download it, not something else.

I have to admit that I don't watch as they download. I let them record overnight. So I will try to start both at the same time 3.11 and 4.2.1. I don't think I can watch more than the original program as it plays, so that won't tell me anything. But it will prove that each of the 2 versions is being processed differently as the flv file is being created.

I believe the 4.2.1, as I have been saying, is cutting the material in half, degrading it, in order not to run into some file size limit. I have no conversion called for.

Get the stream url from 3.11 (should be able to double click on the file in the rmc window, although i only used 3.11 once so i am not 100 percent on this) and then copy and paste that url into the 4.2.1 Download (under tools) that way you are sure to get the same stream. I have a feeling you were getting a lower quality stream when this happened.

I am also seeing the same error. Any stream over about 2gb in length gets cut off. If I adjust the quality of the stream such as the content is less than 2gb all works fine.

Now that I go back and look at all the content I have downloaded recently the pattern is the same. Anything files over 2gb have a issue.

Looking forward to a fix.

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by cnaeger View Post
    I am also seeing the same error. Any stream over about 2gb in length gets cut off. If I adjust the quality of the stream such as the content is less than 2gb all works fine.

Now that I go back and look at all the content I have downloaded recently the pattern is the same. Anything files over 2gb have a issue.

Looking forward to a fix.
    Open a support ticket and include web-page URLs you have problems with. Or at least post them here.