Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Replay Media Catcher 4.0 - downloads stop premarurely

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher 4.0 - downloads stop premarurely

Quote Originally Posted by walker428 View Post
    submitted mine as well. Have you seen any activity on your ticket smokee? Nothing on my end.
    Have you heard back from the RMC team yet?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Yes, and thank you for following through Jeff. I heard back from Shellie earlier today she has indicated they have forwarded this on to the developers. I know you guys are a smaller company, and probably have discussed the issue, can you ensure that they combine the tickets if they are the same issue. No sense on having 2 separate developers work on the same issue, because they didn't communicate. . If you need to reply feel free to DM me so this thread doesn't keep getting bumped.

i am here to test. what's the video (webpage url) in question? i am on a clean system. i can download your big file. i can do it. just give me the url. thanks.

hehe.

( i will then confirm if i have the same download problem. )

demotester if you have access to espn3.com I was trying to download ALMS 12 hours of Sebring @1200k but pretty much any long video will repeat the same issue.

This is the link but I am pretty sure it is unique, so probably wont work for you. I think they use edgecast but the problem with setting this up to record rather than download is that they have floating feed quality depending on your system and bandwidth that will change on the fly whle you watch it. Which makes for a very poor viewing later on. I am hoping they find a solution to this most of the races are much less but I really wanna cap this even before it disappears. Even the ALMS sites feed is only the 800k and was pretty poor in my opinion.
    Last edited by walker428; 04-05-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by walker428 View Post
    Yes, and thank you for following through Jeff. I heard back from Shellie earlier today she has indicated they have forwarded this on to the developers. I know you guys are a smaller company, and probably have discussed the issue, can you ensure that they combine the tickets if they are the same issue. No sense on having 2 separate developers work on the same issue, because they didn't communicate. . If you need to reply feel free to DM me so this thread doesn't keep getting bumped.
    Thanks Walker. If you don't mind, just let Shellie know the next time you communicate with her. I don't have access to the replay media catcher queue, so she'd need to do the ticket fixing herself

Thanks
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

walker428 (birthday april 28th? ;-), i dont have access to espn3 . You are subscribed to espn AND want to download their streams AND it is serious to you (12hours hehe..). Then this *is* serious issue, high priority.
    I've inspected the url. While it's true that it isnt valid anymore (expired session), it is also true that is a simple url. While YOUR RMC4 (latest final release) might give you problems (mine doesnt do to me ;-), you may wanna install the third-party plugin which is mentioned in the help file of RMC4. The plugin can, too, download any streams of the RTMP-protocol family. If you cant figure it out, i'll forward you to the ..etc..

You also may want to share your login/pass of espn3.com with Applian support techie (Shellie, ..) so that they can download the 12hour video (a single video file of 12hours length??). If you need backup help, you could share the login/pass with me too. I am a trustworthy demo tester

In any case, if you're on a clean windows with a clean installation of RMC4, then i cant explain why your RMC4 behaves so strange.

Just want to add my 2cents. I just discovered this problem trying to download 3 hour operas from The Met. They seem to stop at about 2 hours +/- 5 to 10 minutes. The file sizes are always 2.1 GB. I am quite agravated since I am paying for this material, and have a time limit to use it. They use BrightCove video server. Would that have anything to do with it?

Tell me more about the plugin you mention. Where do I get it?

I dont think the plugin is going to help in this case, although I havent really had time to learn how to use it just yet. Still no answer work around from the developer yet. If possible stucbrown you may want to try an alternate program to capture it like orbit. since time is of the essesnce, and i dont see a solution for this arriving anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by stucbrown View Post
    Tell me more about the plugin you mention. Where do I get it?
    How to use rtmpdump.exe as a plug-in for Replay Media Catcher 4 for downloading RTMP streams

Thanks - I will try the dump program when I get home tonight.

I might mention that last night I did try setting the check box to record instead of download. Still didn't work but I did get 2 hours and 17 minutes of the program instead of only 2 hours. But the file size was still only 2.1 GB. So probably there was some compression and loss of fidelity.