Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replay Media Catcher 4.0 - downloads stop premarurely

Default Replay Media Catcher 4.0 - downloads stop premarurely

Does anyone know why my downloads stop prematurely and then convert automatically.
    How can I stop the automatic conversion and what is the cause of the download stopping and stating complete before it is actually complete? Thanks
    Last edited by Ken M; 02-17-2011 at 02:14 AM.

Default Re: downloads stop premarurely

Sorry not to have an answer to this one but just to say I've been having the same problem although it doesn't always happen. I was capturing a TV programme today (second episode of a series) and RMC4 just stopped half way through, exactly as you describe, and went straight to converting. Funny thing is that episode 1 was captured and converted without a hitch. I tried episode 2 a couple more times and noticed that the problem seemed to occur at the same spot on each occasion. There must be something in the stream which is deceiving RMC into believing that the programme has ended but I couldn't see anything which could have caused it (no commercial breaks or anyting). I'd love to hear anyone's ideas on this, too.

Try to post the URL here or submit a support ticket.

Might it help to tick the RTMP option box for "Automatically resume when a secure RTMP connection is dropped" and at first say "do not convert" then convert later. This is my normal setting and I do see jumps/hesitations/restarts during long programmes.

Quote Originally Posted by David Stewart View Post
    Sorry not to have an answer to this one but just to say I've been having the same problem although it doesn't always happen. I was capturing a TV programme today (second episode of a series) and RMC4 just stopped half way through, exactly as you describe, and went straight to converting. Funny thing is that episode 1 was captured and converted without a hitch. I tried episode 2 a couple more times and noticed that the problem seemed to occur at the same spot on each occasion. There must be something in the stream which is deceiving RMC into believing that the programme has ended but I couldn't see anything which could have caused it (no commercial breaks or anyting). I'd love to hear anyone's ideas on this, too.
    Specifically - Can you please provide me with the URL of the audio or video you're trying to record, so I can trouble shoot the issue?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher 4.0 - downloads stop premarurely

I'm having the same problem with RMC 4.1.1 - I've checked all of the settings and have set it at -1 (for unlimited DL time) but it still only captures a small fraction.

Quote Originally Posted by myersph View Post
    Might it help to tick the RTMP option box for "Automatically resume when a secure RTMP connection is dropped" and at first say "do not convert" then convert later. This is my normal setting and I do see jumps/hesitations/restarts during long programmes.
    .... I've tried this and it didn't work. I also tried to change the settings to extend downloading time but it didn't work. Leaving the setting at -1 (unlimited time) didn't work either. Not sure where to go from here.

I'm having a similar problem....I just bought this, I am downloading from cbc.ca/video....long files, like 2 or 3 h, and partway through downloading (like it shows an hour or so left) it comes up "complete" and when I go to watch there is only like half of the file......how do I get it to finish and not stop part way through?

Hi,
    During this download, have you navigated away from the page you are capturing from? If it is an RTMP stream, you may need to leave your browser open until the file downloads completely. Most files are downloaded. Replay Media Catcher locates the web address of the media file, reconnects to the host server, and makes a copy of the file on your PC. Typically, this download process is much faster than actually playing the file. Replay Media Catcher also can make multiple simultaneous connections to further speed up the capture process. Once the download process starts, you can close the video or audio player, and the file will continue to be captured.
    Some web sites change the URL of each media file every time it is played, in which case Replay Media Catcher uses the record method to capture a file. This method is slower, and captures the file as it is played. You will need to keep the player window open while your audio or video plays from start to finish.

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher 4.0 - downloads stop premarurely

Thanks for your feedback. The sites I've used and the methods of capturing have not changed. The previous version of RMC was fine. It wasn't until I started using the upgrade (4.0 & 4.16) when I started experiencing problems of partial capturing. I think it may be a bug in the program since it's happening with all sites that used to work before. Are techs looking into this issue?