Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how to record video at livejasmin.com?

Default how to record video at livejasmin.com?

Can anyone tell me how to record video at livejasmin.com? It doesn't appear in real Media Catcher even after I refresh the page

Default Re: how to record video at livejasmin.com?

After being on a stream for about a minute, Replay Media Catcher finally started to record. I just played the video back and it was fine. Please make sure you're using the LATEST version of RVC and try again for me.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hi, I have no problems to record the stream from freechat rooms in livejasmin, just entering the room the stream starts being captured.
    The problem is that when I enter into a private room, the stream gets on the list of Replay Media Catcher but it gets stuck at 0 bytes and never starts being recorder.
    I was using RMC3 and RMC4 until one month ago and the private streams could be recorded once I entered into one room, but since 1 month ago it doesn't work at all.

Could you help and tell me what can I do to capture the stream on the same way I did before?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnUser View Post
    Hi, I have no problems to record the stream from freechat rooms in livejasmin, just entering the room the stream starts being captured.
    The problem is that when I enter into a private room, the stream gets on the list of Replay Media Catcher but it gets stuck at 0 bytes and never starts being recorder.
    I was using RMC3 and RMC4 until one month ago and the private streams could be recorded once I entered into one room, but since 1 month ago it doesn't work at all.

Could you help and tell me what can I do to capture the stream on the same way I did before?

thanks
    Unfortuantely, I do not have a private account so I'm not able to check this. Perhaps somebody else with an account could comment, and let us know if they're able to record livejasmine.com's PRIVATE streams?

It's quite possible they now encrypt the private streams - which is why they're not recording for you...
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Unfortuantely, I do not have a private account so I'm not able to check this. Perhaps somebody else with an account could comment, and let us know if they're able to record livejasmine.com's PRIVATE streams?

It's quite possible they now encrypt the private streams - which is why they're not recording for you...
    thanks for your reply. I could check myself about the recording privates and could provide you some info if you need so maybe you can figure out why it's not working. I just know that the stream is not recording when entering private. I think it's possible livejasmin changed something on their system, maybe encrypted it as you say, or not sure what.
    In case they encrypted it, there would be any way that this issue can be fixed for the next version of RMC?
    Please, let me know if I can do something or check some way after entering private of what can be the cause of this issue and I will let you know.

Thanks

Hi, I would like to know if have been any workaround about this, or somebody have any idea why it's not working? I tested with the 4.2.1 version of RMC, but still it's not working.
    Hopefully you can figure a way to make it work?

Thanks

My Best guess is they encrypted the private chats to make them UN-recordable. I can't of course verify this, but i've seen that happening with sites of that nature.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    After being on a stream for about a minute, Replay Media Catcher finally started to record. I just played the video back and it was fine. Please make sure you're using the LATEST version of RVC and try again for me.
    What about Cam4 or Flirt4free? can you record on demand/streaming live shows?

Quote Originally Posted by RiveGauche2006 View Post
    What about Cam4 or Flirt4free? can you record on demand/streaming live shows?
    Have you tried them? Again, this is not something I have access to being that those are paid options. If you wish to provide me (via PM) with your log in/pw i'll be happy to test them for you, otherwise if you test them yourself - please report back here and let us know you're findings.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

The original poster is correct you can't download private streams from LJ anymore, this was a massive security problem for them, you used to be able join LJ for $29 set RMC to record, join a Private session that someone else has started and leave straight away, then RMC would carry on recording until the performer left the chat room.

It would even Pause/start recording again if the performer came back to free chat then went back to pvt without closing the chat room, this means you were getting someone else's private session/s for practically free, ie you would only pay for the initial connection to their pvt session which would be 1 or 2 cents if you did it quickly... As much as I compliment LJ for tightening their security I would love to find a workaround

Well we all know the workaround.... Use RVC and pay for the stream