Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN3...Is there a way to force RMC to capture at 1600k?

Default Re: ESPN3...Is there a way to force RMC to capture at 1600k?

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer_ch View Post
    I made a ticket for this. It always connects to all available stream qualities but as the first stream started is the 400k stream it only records this one. The 1800k recording gets rejected because the access gets denied. Can you make a special program in the RMC to record automaticly the 1800k stream from ESPN Player / ESPN3?
    I realize you probably wont read this but hopefully this will help someone else who reads the forum. The problem with this and espn3 is that espn3 controls the feed as to which you receive. If they detect heavy memory usage, heavy cpu loads, and low internet bandwidth the feed is reduced to the lower rates. To get the higher speeds from espn3 make sure you delete the lower streams as they populate but leave rmc4 recording you have to leave your browser open, but I suggest minimizing it and leaving it run in the background if ESPN3, while at the same time manually stopping and deleting the lower 2 feeds that start to download on RMC4 with more bandwidth available and more ram espn3 can send the higher stream. I rarely get the highest stream to catch on my pc but it is a 1.8ghz single core with minimum specs like 1.5gb or ram and really struggles with rmc4 and firefox being run at the same time. Hope this helps someone.

Quote Originally Posted by walker428 View Post
    I realize you probably wont read this but hopefully this will help someone else who reads the forum. The problem with this and espn3 is that espn3 controls the feed as to which you receive. If they detect heavy memory usage, heavy cpu loads, and low internet bandwidth the feed is reduced to the lower rates. To get the higher speeds from espn3 make sure you delete the lower streams as they populate but leave rmc4 recording you have to leave your browser open, but I suggest minimizing it and leaving it run in the background if ESPN3, while at the same time manually stopping and deleting the lower 2 feeds that start to download on RMC4 with more bandwidth available and more ram espn3 can send the higher stream. I rarely get the highest stream to catch on my pc but it is a 1.8ghz single core with minimum specs like 1.5gb or ram and really struggles with rmc4 and firefox being run at the same time. Hope this helps someone.
    Great tip, thanks Walker for all of your helpful posts!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by walker428 View Post
    I've found that for ESPN3, I have to hit the rewind button on the flash player, then pause, play, and keep doing this sequence until I get the indication of the highest quality video (even without RMC). There's a bit of a delay caused by RMC as it identifies the stream, and as walker428 said, you have to kill any RMC lower bandwidth streams as this will lower your download capacity.

If RMC actually had an indication of the stream speed it is recording, that would be awesome. Presently, I use the play (right click play) to figure out what is the best quality stream, and then delete the ones that are of poor quality.

Anyway, I found the following at ESPN3.com, and it basically describes what both walker428 and I said:

Everytime I start playing a video, why does it start in a poor quality format?

This behavior is expected. When first launching a clip, you will be streamed a lower quality version while your connection speed is determined. After a few seconds, the clip should change to a higher quality version. If the quality issue persists after the first couple of seconds, try removing and re-downloading ESPN by following the steps below. If problem still occurs, please contact 888-549-ESPN.

Why does audio or video playback stop and/or stall?

Playback should not stop or stall under normal circumstances. However, video delivery may be disrupted during periods of internet congestion or when too many computer applications are open at the same time.

What can I do if the video playback stops or plays slowly?

If playback stalls, stops or plays slowly, try one or all of the following:

Refresh your browser or close your browser and open it again.
    Drag the rewind button back in time several minutes in the program timeline.
    Avoid internet congestion by waiting several minutes before viewing the programming again.
    Close other computer applications that may be open at the same time.
    If viewing in mosaic mode, try clicking "Pause Video Feeds" to pause play in the smaller windows.
    Last edited by UGotServed; 01-20-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: added quote from ESPN3

How come RMC can only record 2GB size of flv file?

Try to get some replay of Australia Open, some of them over 4 hours long, but RMC can only catch about 2 hours long.

Quote Originally Posted by qiqiangzhu View Post

Try to get some replay of Australia Open, some of them over 4 hours long, but RMC can only catch about 2 hours long.
    That's a limit from the site you're trying to record from unfortunately. Replay Media Catcher is able to record files as large as your hard-drive will allow for. Unfortunately, there is no work around for this as it's a limit imposed by the site itself.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post

That's a limit from the site you're trying to record from unfortunately. Replay Media Catcher is able to record files as large as your hard-drive will allow for. Unfortunately, there is no work around for this as it's a limit imposed by the site itself.
    I just captured the Australian Open final, which is 7 hours long.

It's currently Russian roulette.

On other streams, RMC finished prematurely. So I enabled the option "Automatically resume." This created multiple stream files, but helped with diagnosing what was going on. It seems that various streams are started and stopped while the source (ESPN3) tried to figure out what stream to send (rather than defaulting on the highest and allowing a buffer to fill up on the Flash 11.x player). Even though a stream stays stable at 3 bars (ESPN interface) and the video is playing, the capture still ends prematurely.

This is when I reboot my computer, since I notice that the amount of physical memory being used increases as times goes on (RMC or FLV player memory leak issue perhaps?). Then I can stream videos stably for several more hours before having to reboot again.

Thank you. Useful to know.

Quote Originally Posted by UGotServed View Post
    I just captured the Australian Open final, which is 7 hours long.

It's currently Russian roulette.

On other streams, RMC finished prematurely. So I enabled the option "Automatically resume." This created multiple stream files, but helped with diagnosing what was going on. It seems that various streams are started and stopped while the source (ESPN3) tried to figure out what stream to send (rather than defaulting on the highest and allowing a buffer to fill up on the Flash 11.x player). Even though a stream stays stable at 3 bars (ESPN interface) and the video is playing, the capture still ends prematurely.

This is when I reboot my computer, since I notice that the amount of physical memory being used increases as times goes on (RMC or FLV player memory leak issue perhaps?). Then I can stream videos stably for several more hours before having to reboot again.
    Did you record the Australian Open final through ESPN3?

Are you using 32bit Windows operating system or 64bit?

How large is the file?

Are you sure you can view the downloaded file to the end which is trophy presentation?

Did you record the Australian Open final through ESPN3?

Are you using 32bit Windows operating system or 64bit?

How large is the file?

Are you sure you can view the downloaded file to the end which is trophy presentation?
    Yes.

Win XP 32-bit

3,860,198,586 7 hours 5 minutes + at level 3 quality

It actually goes past the trophy presentation after the commercial break to the final word with Chris McKendry and Brad Gilbert, final image is Djokovic kissing the trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by UGotServed View Post
    Yes.

Win XP 32-bit

3,860,198,586 7 hours 5 minutes + at level 3 quality

It actually goes past the trophy presentation after the commercial break to the final word with Chris McKendry and Brad Gilbert, final image is Djokovic kissing the trophy.
    Thanks for the info.

Mine is Vista 32-bit.

I'm trying it one more time.

The previous 3 times all stopped at 4GB and 5 hours before the 5th set...