Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ESPN3...Is there a way to force RMC to capture at 1600k?

Default Re: ESPN3...Is there a way to force RMC to capture at 1600k?

Like I said. It's Russian Roulette.

Now that the AO is finished, the capture appears to be a bit more stable. But streams from ESPN still fail though, and go much slower than expected. They appear to have some servers that are not heavily loaded, and stream more effeciently.

When the capture fails, I clear my cache and reboot the computer before attempting to capture again. In order to capture the 7 hours, I made sure I defragged my system as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UGotServed View Post
    Yes.

Win XP 32-bit

3,860,198,586 7 hours 5 minutes + at level 3 quality

It actually goes past the trophy presentation after the commercial break to the final word with Chris McKendry and Brad Gilbert, final image is Djokovic kissing the trophy.
    You are right, this time was a success.

Looks like they changed the file size in the server or fixed the error.

I can chime in i was able to successfully capture a longer video from them as well. Typically you dont need to go through the effort of rebooting. just double click and see what quality the stream is recording at. If it is a low one delete it, and wait, leave the program recording though. once the speed increases to the desired bar, refresh the browser window you are recording, and that will usually refresh and pull the desired bar level. I have noticed I have had problems pulling live broadcasts though, and it only works for recording. Live broadcasts seem to end up with corrupt video that skips around really fast, any ideas on that?

Oh i should mention my settings for the larger file if that helps at all. I have it set to automatically resume when a secure RTMP connection is dropped. and the automaticaly fix live streams and those without a duration and rebase timestamps both checked (although those 2 shouldnt matter) Initial client buffer size is set to 1 and super downlad is set to to disable for live streams (shouldnt matter again)

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    Try the following:
    Start recording with Replay Media Catcher. After detecting the stream, cancel its download. Double click on the recording and copy the URL from the top of the log.
    Then go to "Tools" -> "Download..." and paste the URL, replacing 400k with 1200k.
    I felt it appropriate to resurrect this thread. Can you please revise these instructions for RMC 5? I have the lastest version, 5.0.1.54. I almost never get the 2200k version, but always something much smaller. I DO have a very fast computer and fast internet connection. I'm dealing with ESPN3, of course.