Thread: Netflix Silverlight capturing plays back for a while then screen turns black (I disabled powersave)

Default Netflix Silverlight capturing plays back for a while then screen turns black (I disabled powersave)

Twice now with 2 different streamable videos from Netflix my playback screen turns black after x minutes of correct playback. Audio continues--video is black. I have indeed disabled powersave and kept the display on full power and turned off hibernation completely. But I suspect Netflix discovers, somehow, that I am capturing their video and they do something to prevent it.

I do not replicate their copyrighted materials. I merely use the quiet time after 2 am to downstream bc all other times get interrupted with Netflix's awful, "... We are adjusting your playback speed ... " blah, blah, blah.

I have a slow connection, under 3/4 of Mbps, except after 1:30 am.

I am only using RVC to TIMESHIFT Netflix videos to watch all-at-once without the many stops. But Netflix doesn't care about us folks who don't have good speed. It's the lawyers for the video producers, they say, who put a clamp on this.

But I am not stealing, merely TIME SHIFTING.

I can't change my NVIDIA's hardware acceration thing if that's what you're going to suggest.

HELP!

Default Re: Netflix Silverlight capturing plays back for a while then screen turns black (I disabled powersave)

Are you using Replay MEDIA Catcher, or Replay VIDEO Capture?

I noticed you mentioned RVC in the forum post - but you opened the ticket in the Repla Media Catcher forum.

Thanks for clarifying.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.