Thread: Status of Ustream capture?

Default Status of Ustream capture?

Hi,

There was mention a few months ago of adding UStream live recording to the bag of tricks for RMC, and I haven't seen any mention of it lately? How about a status update for ETC?

What it boils down to is this: I've been wanting to record some real-time (streaming) videos for a few months now, and last I checked, this was supposed to be top priority for the devlopers. Now if your developers don't think the updated feature is imminent, then I'll just pay extra to buy a competitor's product that CAN do it today and be done with the issue. HOWEVER, I paid $99 for the Suite based on a claim that it already could record any format, so would not relish having to pay for a feature that was supposedly already available from within the Suite.

Any word is appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave
    Last edited by Feeferod; 09-20-2008 at 04:20 PM.

To answer my own question here, it seems I was still using RMC 3.0.0, and it turns out 3.0.1 was released a few weeks ago.

I'm not quite sure why the auto-updater feature didn't work for me (I have preferences set to check for updates on start-up, but apparently it didn't work?). So I checked my e-mail, and a notification from Applian got caught in my Yahoo! spam filter the other day (gotta fix that).

Anyway, I just tried 3.0.1 with ustream, and after tinkering with settings (namely, activating the web stream dumper) it seems to work fine; no stopped recordings after 1.5MB. So thanks, Applian!

PS nevermind: some of the streams DO record, but not all: it's hit and miss, as some stop after 2.0 MB....
    Last edited by Feeferod; 09-23-2008 at 08:45 PM.

Angry Your lucky ....

Quote Originally Posted by Feeferod View Post
    To answer my own question here, it seems I was still using RMC 3.0.0, and it turns out 3.0.1 was released a few weeks ago.

I'm not quite sure why the auto-updater feature didn't work for me (I have preferences set to check for updates on start-up, but apparently it didn't work?). So I checked my e-mail, and a notification from Applian got caught in my Yahoo! spam filter the other day (gotta fix that).

Anyway, I just tried 3.0.1 with ustream, and after tinkering with settings (namely, activating the web stream dumper) it seems to work fine; no stopped recordings after 1.5MB. So thanks, Applian!

PS nevermind: some of the streams DO record, but not all: it's hit and miss, as some stop after 2.0 MB....

Because, i have RMC version 3.0.1 and i tried to capture a USTREAM SITE(live video) ;but i only got corrupted files !!!. RMC for me only record "chopped videos " and at the end they are corrupted files !!!.

One thing, surprime me . it is the fact the i used the "trail version" before buying the product and i tested that live video site and every recording that i got was fine and smooth;nothing chopped.

But after i bought the product and i was forced to upgraded to version 3.0.1 .Everything worked wrong . I am dessapointed with this product version 3.0.1. I do not get what i paid for .

Any new software IN THE MARKET better than RMC ?.